By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Basileous Productions presents.........Bioshock Infinite (PC) Review and Discussion

Tagged games:

What would you give this game from a score of 1 to 10

10 4 19.05%

9 7 33.33%

8 5 23.81%

7 4 19.05%

6 1 4.76%

5 0 0%

4 0 0%

3 0 0%

2 0 0%

1 0 0%

Total:21

This game was very odd for me. I'm not the biggest fan of the Bioshock series, but I at least have to give them credit for creating very original dystopias. I love how the world looks but I hate what they did to the gun play. I don't know why videogames have abandon the idea of carrying dozens of weapons, Doom or Serious Sam style, but it limits the choices. You pick the shotgun and the automatic gun, and you dedicate all your time to improve those two only. The powers felt a little weaker than they were in the original, but that's just my opinion. The thing it annoys me the most is the story. After the great twist of the first Bioshock, I started to think "what is the biggest twist they could throw in this game? I know, Comstock is an evil version of the main character from another paralel universe" and I was right in some ways, and I ruined the twist myself :(

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

So on a scale from BasilZero to Basilicious, this game is bona-fide Basilicious. 🎆🎇🎉🎊

I have this game on backlog still. When it goes BC on Bone, I'll probably be more motivated to play it.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

I actually never played more than 5-6 hours and completely lost the drive for playing more. I can't really explain why, partly the shooting mechanics are not very engaging and I didn't care much for the characters. The setting was fantastic, much like in the first.
For me; it became like the first one in many ways, a game with fantastic atmosphere and set pieces but that failed to interest me with gameplay and bogged me down with repetitive locations and objectives.

I really didn't enjoy this game much.

Gunplay doesn't feel all that good. It has a fake feeling over it (Some bullet sponges enemies at higher levels don't help either). The fact that there's this pseudo-reviving aspect (and as far as I'm concerned you can't turn it off) erases all kind of challenge because most of the time I just charged carelessly forward; as long as you take one enemy out, you'll be one enemy less closer to finish whatever shooting you'll be mixed upon.

The story had that strange plot twist that I didn't particulary enjoy either. Haven't played the DLC, but the story came across something pretentious towards the end, like a bad fanfiction that tried to tie in everything.

Toying around with plasmids and Elizabeth made the game worth enough, though. So there's that.

Great game. I absolutely adore it. Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us made the year 2013 for me. 

So yeah. Games are weird aren't they? You play/watch a character that repeats the same actions about 99% of time. How can someone base a story around that or atleast contextualize most of the actions of the character thats being controlled? Are deaths part of the canon? Did they really kill all those enemies? I feel like Bioshock Infinite is one of those special games that gracefully answered most of these questions. Except for the power ups, salts or whatever. They felt like they were there just because the previous games had them, especially after it became mainly a shooting game with a streamlined exploration element. 

Can we talk about spoilers? 

The ending made me cri...

.- -... -.-. -..

Around the Network

Your scores average out to 92 , but maybe you weigh different factors differently. That makes sense to me, so I don't blame you

for me it is a 7.5-8

This is one of the game that I have on my "to get" list, but when I played the original it left me a bit unimpressed (it goes beyond saying that it didn't life up to the expectations that the media created), and the second one didn't help.

The lack of guns isn't a big problem if the gameplay is well done.

By the way, Basil, you didn't metion how long are the game and the DLCs.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I really enjoyed Bioshock Infinite. As far as characters go, the Lutece twins were my favorite. I loved how they interacted with you as if you're only part of their experiments.

Rosalind : "Hmmm. Surprising"
Robert: "Surprising that it worked?"
Rosalind: "Surprising that it didn't kill him"

As for the gameplay, I liked it as well. Murder of Crows was my go-to Vigor. Prevents enemies from shooting while you pump them full of bullets and if they die they leave a trap for other enemies.

Signature goes here!

I gave it a solid 8. I enjoyed it on the whole but there were factors that held it back.

Gun-play was nothing special. I didn't even use most of the powers. It also really annoyed me that I couldn't carry extra guns. I really wanted to use the sniper rifle but it's a situational weapon and I couldn't afford to drop a all-purpose weapon for it. That was frustrating because you had to base what you carried on guesswork.

I enjoyed almost all the story until the ending. The ending, for me, was terrible and nonsensical. It also made my opinion of Elizabeth drop immensely.