By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 7 Remake issue, buy the pieces or wait for the full game?

Tagged games:

What would you do?

Buy each piece at launch/close to it 48 24.24%

Buy it whole, waiting for years 111 56.06%

Buy nothing 39 19.70%

Total:198

Depending on how well they do it, I may even opt in to buy it in pieces!

Around the Network

Its obviously always cheaper and smarter to buy for a full version which will be physical also. But if everyone buys it like that they wont make enough money and drop the quality on the rest of the episodes

If its like a trilogy format. I will buy each game.

However, if it ends up in an episodic manner like Life is Strange then I'll wait for years for the bulk before buying.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Dude its not pieces like life is strange, they just named it episodic because its not sequels or spin offs, its just a name, they are making 3 full games, 3 different experiences.( i hope its not more than 3 ffs )

We probably will ahve to wait 2 or 3 years for each one ....
Imagine if ff10 and 10.2 was a full game on ps2, one story, and now they want to remake it and divide them in 2. on ps4.

That isn't at all what they said in the interview. They specifically said they wouldn't be able to fit the whole game into a single release because of the level by which they want to increase the quality of the content. They want to add vast amounts of detail that basically guarantees that development will be long, hellish, and will force the backlash on consumers, forcing them to deal with their game coming in pieces.

They have already essentially confirmed that you won't be able to go from the opening sequence to the final Sephiroth battle in the initial release. They have split a full game into episodes. It is episodic, much like Life is Strange, just with longer pieces.

I'm not terribly invested in this game so I'd wait and buy the whole lot once it's out. But I assume they'll be selling each piece of the game for about $10, considering it should only be $60 for the complete game.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Probably like FF13/13-2/13-3.

I will get it at launch.

Namiirei said:
Probably like FF13/13-2/13-3.

I will get it at launch.

Once again, no, not like FF13 at all. Either people haven't read the bits from the translated interview, or are just choosing to completely misinterpret it.

FF13 was a standalone title. 13-2 and 13-3 were sequels that built off the story of 13 to create two new stories that were all related, but could be enjoyed individually. The FF7 Remake will be more like an episodic title, where the main game is split apart. You will not be able to travel from Midgar to the final Sephiroth battle in the initial release. That is what this means. In order to experience all of the story from the original near 20 year old game, you'll potentially have to wait multiple years after the first episode releases to experience the rest.

It is not a series of sequels, but a series of a single game. That is what being episodic means. People are far too freely swapping around the idea of sequels and episodes.

I'd wait until everything is complete, on the same package, for less than ten euro in my local store.

However, I'd first check if they kept the Cloud crossdressing sequence. If it's removed, Square-Enix won't see my money. xD

I have no idea what im doing all i know is that im not happy

Wright said:

I'd wait until everything is complete, on the same package, for less than ten euro in my local store.

However, I'd first check if they kept the Cloud crossdressing sequence. If it's removed, Square-Enix won't see my money. xD

Its kept. So no worries on that part xD

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=211022&page=1#6