By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Xenoblade Chronicles X Impressions

Tagged games:

First off, wow I don't even remember the last time I started a thread... hi everyone!

Ok, I've put just over 10 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles X and here my thoughts...

First off, it's huge. Almost overwelmingly huge. I've only explored a small part of the first continent and have 4 more to go. In many ways XCX actually feels like an MMO in scope. But it's not just the game world that's huge, it's the menus! You are given access to so much information from the get go that it's frankly too much. 10 hours in and I'm just starting to grasp the scope of everything I need to juggle to optimise my character. This was an issue in XC Wii too but that game did a much better job of explaining things than XCX.

Speaking of XC Wii, that game had much more focus on story than XCX, in fact once you hit chapter 3-4 the story kinda goes out the window (and remember I'm 10 hours in). Oddly enough though, XCX has much better writting than the original and the english dub is amazing.

Also, I'm nowhere near understanding all the 'social' elements in XCX, right now I'm pretending they dont exist.

Anyway that's all I can think to right down right now. If you guys have any questions about the early goings of XCX please let me know!

Thanks,

Edit - if I had to give it a score (using the old VGC scale - 9.1 / 10)

Around the Network

Thanks for the info. I bought the strategy guide even though I don't have the game yet. It seemed like the thing to do since there's limited prints and Xenoblade looks deep!

O: Hi O-D-C (waves)

I haven't started playing it yet, but whenever I saw new footage of X, one of the things I thought was 'overwhelming'. The world looks so huge and it overall looks very complex. I feel like it will take a good while to adjust to everything, but I am still excited to try it out. I would be okay with just getting lost in the world and finding secrets. Can't wait to play it soon.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I'm about 20 hours in (almost have my skell) and it is a very fun game, but it has a lot of little irritations. Lip sync is horrible, music is either really good or god awful, text size is too small, and the social stuff is just confusing.

Still, gameplay is solid, story is slow, but it seems like it just kicked it up a notch so I'm intrigued. I'd give it an 8.5 as of now. Good game with a lot of little annoying things.

"Overwhelming ". Excellent. Sounds like my type of game.

Around the Network

That game is basically mass effect trilogy meets dragon age

spurgeonryan said:
Just killed my first enemy with elma. Like the story so far, controls like a dream! Dark and rain make it hard for me to tell about the visuals.

set the brightness into 10. :)

@OP, the game is too huge, and too many things to learn. I'm at 8 hours of gameplay. Will continue in a bit and explore about the continent and hopefully I coudl complete some of the fetch quests along the way. 

Played for 22 hours now. I am having a lot of fun with it, the world is gorgeous and pleasure to explore. My only problems with it is that fetch-quests can be very annoying when it doesn't even tell you general area, just region. Another problem is the music. For some reason they decided lyrics was a good idea. During a cut-scene the singing actually so loud that it's hard to hear what the characters are saying, and the horrible combat-music and the songs that play while running around NLA are really obnoxious.

I'm mixed on it to be honest. Probably somewhere in the 7s area myself. There are things I like about it, but the lack of tutorials, the boring ass battle system, music, and the controls (stupid fisher price tablet) really hamper the experience. I liked the original much more than this, but there are some nice things about it as well like world exploring and what not.

I'm absolutely in love with this game. It does get a tad confusing but here's a tip, READ THE MANUAL. (This is a tip for everyone)
It helps a lot, trust me.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]