By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SEGA’s full-year profit estimate reduced by 90%.

Tagged games:

SEGA’s full-year profit estimate reduced by 90 per cent

http://nintendoeverything.com/segas-full-year-profit-estimate-reduced-by-90-per-cent/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEGA has announced new profit numbers for ther forecasts for the fiscal year ending in March 2016. Revenue forecast has been dropped by ¥65 billion to ¥355 billion, resulting in a 15 percent reduction. Operating income will also be reduced from ¥25 billion to ¥10 billion. Net profit is declining by nearly 90 percent from ¥19 billion to just ¥2 billion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sega is really in a bad position. I don't know if this finantial problems are similar to those that suffered Capcom a couple of years ago, when all the rumours about a buyout ran rampant. I don't know if Sega will be able to recover, their upcoming lineup is not that great finantially-wise. The biggest game for them is Persona 5, and that franchise is not that popula, is still very niche. What do you thin it's going to happen?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Well, what have they released this year? Football Manager 2016.... anything else?

BasilZero said:

First Konami buys Hudsonsoft to kill it off and now SEGA will be responsible for Atlus' downfall!!!!!!

DoooOOooOOooooooOOOOom3d.

It's very ironic. Sega bought Atlus when it had all those finantial troubles. Now Atlus is the strongest part of Sega, keeping the company afloat.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I am not surprised.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Darwinianevolution said:
BasilZero said:

First Konami buys Hudsonsoft to kill it off and now SEGA will be responsible for Atlus' downfall!!!!!!

It's very ironic. Sega bought Atlus when it had all those finantial troubles. Now Atlus is the strongest part of Sega, keeping the company afloat.

Good aquisition then, I'd say.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:

SEGA’s full-year profit estimate reduced by 90 per cent

http://nintendoeverything.com/segas-full-year-profit-estimate-reduced-by-90-per-cent/

SEGA has announced new profit numbers for ther forecasts for the fiscal year ending in March 2016. Revenue forecast has been dropped by ¥65 billion to ¥355 billion, resulting in a 15 percent reduction. Operating income will also be reduced from ¥25 billion to ¥10 billion. Net profit is declining by nearly 90 percent from ¥19 billion to just ¥2 billion.

Sega is really in a bad position. I don't know if this finantial problems are similar to those that suffered Capcom a couple of years ago, when all the rumours about a buyout ran rampant. I don't know if Sega will be able to recover, their upcoming lineup is not that great finantially-wise. The biggest game for them is Persona 5, and that franchise is not that popula, is still very niche. What do you thin it's going to happen?

They'll be fine. A big reason for this was in my previous thread, SEGA pushed all there 2015 games into 2016 because of a new quality control program. 

SEGA is tied to Sammy. If you buy SEGA Then you buy SAMMY then you gotta manage thier 5 new resort parks they just opened across Asaia, arcades, virtual park, gambling sector, toy line, ect  

Darwinianevolution said:
BasilZero said:

SEGA and Atlus are 2 completely separate companies still aren't they? It's just that SEGA's parent bought Atlus. So Atlus' 2015 releases wouldn't factor into SEGA's figures would they?

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

And people actually want them to make a Dreamcast 2

MikeRox said:
Darwinianevolution said:
BasilZero said:

SEGA and Atlus are 2 completely separate companies still aren't they? It's just that SEGA's parent bought Atlus. So Atlus' 2015 releases wouldn't factor into SEGA's figures would they?

No. SEGA bought Index which also gave them access to Atlus, who they absored after seperating the 2. SEGA is currently selling Index now. Yes they do factor, but Atlus is nowhere near big enough to cover for SEGA games division (who they are grouped with)themselves.

Just release Persona 5 already and their problems will be solved =P

Now to just wait for the reoccurring threads of "who will buy Sega".