By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will the Vita pass the 3DS in weekly sales?

Tagged games:

When will the Vita pass the 3DS in weekly sales?

Almost inmediately after the NX release. 16 10.06%

A year after the NX release. 16 10.06%

Two years after the NX release. 6 3.77%

Three years after the NX release. 3 1.89%

Four years after the NX release. 4 2.52%

The Vita will be discontinued before the 3DS. 94 59.12%

The GameGear will make a ... 20 12.58%

Total:159

The 3DS  has managed throughout its lifespam to stay ahead of its direct competitor, the PS VIta, usually by a wide margain. However, with the NX coming soon as a possible replacement for both 3DS and WiiU means that the 3DS is going to stop getting as much support, and it will eventually be fully replaced by the NX. PS systems usually have a longer lifespam than its competitors, and the low costs Sony has on the Vita (they don't produce anything major anymore, and they sell a steady 40k units weekly plus PS+ and memory cards) could mean that, at some point, the Vita may sell more than the 3DS.

Now, I know that the release of the NX will mean a drop of Vita's sales too, but it will affect more the 3DS, due to being replaced by a direct successor, while the Vita will probably be the last fully dedicated handheld Sony ever produces and it can cling to the success of the PS4. Support of the Vita will be decent, at least in Europe and Japan, and the PSTV could be really cheap to make and manufacture in the long run.

How long will it take the Vita to pass the 3DS on weekly sales? Or will the Vita be fully discontinued before the 3DS?

EDIT: I'm not  askingwhen the Vita will outsell the 3DS in total. The Vita won't be around that much time to sell +40m units. I'm asking when do you think when the Vita will beat the 3DS in weekly sales. Just like the Wii and the PS3, the Wii has outsold the PS3, but weekly now the PS3 sells more than the Wii.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

I guess sometimes in 2017.

In another life maybe. ^^

when ( if ) 3DS dead first...

Globally?Probably never.You also need to take in consideration that the new Nintendo Handheld will probably also eat the sales of the Vita.So by the time 3ds is discontinued, and its sales start to lower, so will the vita.Thats my guess at least

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I have seen the future and the Vita will outsell the 3DS by a ration of 5:1 when the following events have come to pass

1. North and South Korea becomes one Korea
2. Hong Kong returns to British Rule
3. All religions are united into one believing in one God
4. Pigs can fly

When NO MORE big games releases on it.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Well, Sony made clear that they will not make another handheld. But they will probably produce Vita as long as it sells enough to make money. That can keep going for some years. So probably if the 3DS-successor is there and sales start to dwindle the Vita may outsell the 3DS (but not it's successor).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Should start during mid 2016. NX announcement will eat up 3DS sales too.
PS Vita sold 50k and 3DS 80k this week according to VGChartz so it is not far away.

Dr.Vita said:

Should start during mid 2016. NX announcement will eat up 3DS sales too.
PS Vita sold 50k and 3DS 80k this week according to VGChartz so it is not far away.

You know, NX could eat Vita sales too...