By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sooo, Xenoblade Chronicles X USA pre-orders...

Tagged games:

http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/42232/USA/

Have been doing really, and I mean, REALLY good the past 2 weeks.
The game's weekly changes these past two weeks have been on par with some of the bigger games that are either already out or are coming out soon such as, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Call of Duty: Black Ops III, in fact, it even outdid Black Ops III on the Xbox One on this latest chart!
Normally, I'd be absolutely stoaked and happy that this is happening, and that's nothing against Call of Duty are Metal Gear, because both those franchises are perfectly fine, and I'm sure Black Ops 3 will be a fine game.
But as I've said in numerous threads before, I'm REEEEEAAAALLY hoping that XCX can sell very good numbers this holiday season, shatter the barrier of the original game, rip off it's "niche" nametag, and become yet another one of Nintendo's blockbuster, powerhouse IPS that can sell systems and bring in boatloads of money!!
And these numbers would indicate that, that looks like it'll be the case, which deep down I'm extremely pleased with, but...... something just doesn't... feel right.
I can't explain it, and maybe I'm being pessimistic, but, maybe this game is doing TOO good as of right now. I don't know, I just don't know if I can really trust these numbers.
I don't know how accurate VGChartz is with pre-orders most of the time, so I'll leave that up to you guys to tell me.
But I've done some research, and I looked at how the original Xenoblade on the Wii did in pre-orders prior to being released in North America.
And on it's last week of pre-orders before release, Xenoblade Chronicles had 130,964 copies pre-ordered:
http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/41000/USA/
On the week the game came out in North America, it sold through 164,668 copies.
http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41007/Global/
And the original game had little to no marketing, was retailer exclusive (GameStop), and released during the final year of the Wii's life shortly before the Wii U came out.
Now, back to X.
This game has more marketing and faith put behind it than the original game due to being so heavily featured in many of the gaming expos Nintendo has gone to such as PAX and E3, and also Nintendo Directs. It's available at any retailer: (Got my pre-order for the special edition NA bundle off Amazon, expecting the package between Dec. 10-12th!!), and despite the fact that the Wii U is actually doing worse now than the Wii was during that period of time. XCX is currently right on track to surpassing its predecessor!
Again, I should be satisfied by these growing numbers... But it just seems too good to be true.

I don't know, what do you guys think?

Around the Network

Isn't VGC really extra bad when it comes to predicting pre-orders for Japanese RPGs? Or am I thinking about something else?

Isn't the only JRPG that sells well in the west Final Fantasy?

Lawlight said:

Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi...

Kingdom Hearts

Around the Network

It does looks great. I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Fire Emblem is my fav game on that list.....but does it really sell well? Is it in the realm of the other games you listed?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Fire Emblem is my fav game on that list.....but does it really sell well? Is it in the realm of the other games you listed?

Nope, but it sells pretty well in the West. I think Awakening sold more in NA than in Japan.

Give it time,
Awakening and Fates will eventually eclipse and surpass Sticker Star and Dream Team at the paces all four games are going.

EDIT: Assuming of course, Fates follows the trend in Japan where it's tracking ahead of Awakening in sales from when both games launched.

Samus Aran said:
Lawlight said:

Kingdom hearts btavely defualt...