By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Tagged games:

Will Persona 5 become more popular than Persona 4?

Yes, hail to the new Persona king. 73 75.26%

No, it will become more p... 11 11.34%

No, it won't even surpass Persona 3. 5 5.15%

THIS CAROUSEEEELLLLLL 8 8.25%

Total:97

I just saw the third trailer for Persona 5, and it looks fantastic. It looks so good in fact, that I'm thinking it could become the most popular Persona to date.

And here's the thing: I'm talking about popularity. Not sales, not critic or consumer scores. Persona 4 is the most popular game on the Persona franchise (and the rest of the SMT universe), it's the one people usually think about when talking about the Persona series, it has the most spinoffs, merchandising and other paraphernalia...

Will Persona 5 become a big hit and actually surpass Persona 4 in popularity?

(Also, will Persona 5 come to the Vita? The PS3 can play it, I'm sure the Vita can too. And I also really want it on the NX, dreaming is free).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

If it ever comes out? Then sure I can see it.

Will anyone who played Persona 4 still be alive by the time this one comes out?

OT: Yes

Persona 4 is the best playing game so far in the series, and the 5th looks to be even better.

I hope this game gets the sales it deserves. Marketing needs to make persona a publically known name, somehow.
I think the main issue is people simply dont know what persona games are, its not like Call of Duty.

Ive noticed its become increasingly mainstream, we'll see how far the hype takes it

Around the Network

This will be good, but can't say before play this if this is better than p4.

Ka-pi96 said:
That really depends how far Atlus, or perhaps Sega this time, want to take it. Will it get anime adaptations and stuff? Will it get spinoffs? I kinda hope they don't push it too much. Some stuff would be nice but it would also be great if they could release Persona 6 before the end of the gen as well but that won't happen if they spend too much time with 5 as they have with past entries.

They're already working on Persona 5 Dancing All Cats.

Depends how far they are willing to push P5 for popularity. It wouldn't even have to sell as much if it just gets a ton of spin off stuff and shows.

KyleeStrutt said:
Ka-pi96 said:
That really depends how far Atlus, or perhaps Sega this time, want to take it. Will it get anime adaptations and stuff? Will it get spinoffs? I kinda hope they don't push it too much. Some stuff would be nice but it would also be great if they could release Persona 6 before the end of the gen as well but that won't happen if they spend too much time with 5 as they have with past entries.

They're already working on Persona 5 Dancing All Cats.

And a Persona Kart Racer is on the works! And it will all be canon! XD

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Almost there.