By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which game will sell more, Devil's Third or Rodea The Sky Soldier?

Tagged games:

Which game will sell more, Devil's Third or Rodea The Sky Soldier?

Devil's Third. That push... 36 44.44%

Rodea TSS. Bigger userbas... 15 18.52%

They'll sell more or less the same. 13 16.05%

We need a Monster Hunter-like Pokemon game. 17 20.99%

Total:81

Well, here are two games that really have very few hype around. Devil's Third and Rodea The Sky Soldier. It's very probable this titles won't reach the million units sold, and there's a very real risk that they both flop.Both have gone through developement hell and have been deemed vaporware for quite some time.

Which one will sell better? Devil's Third has some advertisement behind it, while Rodea is going to release in two platforms, the WiiU and 3DS (and probably the Wii, but I'm not sure that version will be released separately).

EDIT

So, after a couple of weeks of both games released, we can see some numbers. So this is the poll at January 12, 2016

Sales numbers come from VGChartz.

Numbers for Rodea the Sky Soldier

Rodea the Sky Soldier WiiU 2015 Action Nippon Ichi Software 0.07 0.01 0.01 0.01 0.09
Rodea the Sky Soldier 3DS 2015 Action Nippon Ichi Software 0.02 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.03

First week numbers:

WiiU 04th April 2015 3,167
3DS 14th November 2015

Numbers for Devil's Third.

Devil's Third WiiU 2015 Action Nintendo 0.03 0.01 0.00 0.00 0.04

First week numbers:

WiiU
29th August 2015 1,854

So, with numbers combined, Rodea (0.12m) beats Devil's Third (0.04m). Rodea sold three times the amount of Devil's Third without all the "promotion" of DT. Also, it's interesting to see that the 3DS version of Rodea lost, while the WiiU version was the strongest. I predicted Rodea would win, but I thought that the 3DS version would be the one pushing the game, and it turns out it was the worst selling version of the game by a lot. At least I didn't bet about it, so the crow on my fridge can wait for other ocasion.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

The Wii version of Rodea comes bundled with the first-print run of the Wii U version, iirc.

This is a tough call. Both will sell pretty bad, but I feel like Devil's Third will probably do better.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
The Wii version of Rodea comes bundled with the first-print run of the Wii U version, iirc.

That's the thing. I know the Wii version will be packed with the WiiU version, but if the game sells poorly, they could just sell it for the Wii. It still has a bigger userbase than WiiU and 3DS combined.

Darwinianevolution said:
That's the thing. I know the Wii version will be packed with the WiiU version, but if the game sells poorly, they could just sell it for the Wii. It still has a bigger userbase than WiiU and 3DS combined.

Yeah but how many of those Wii owners are actually active? Niche games like Rodea won't really fly anymore with the userbase that remains. Only games like Just Dance can get away with that.

Rodea's best chance is on either the Wii U or 3DS. The Wii U since it's two games technically, or the 3DS since it has a much bigger (active) install base and people who enjoyed KI: Uprising may give it a shot.

Skullwaker said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Yeah but how many of those Wii owners are actually active? Niche games like Rodea won't really fly anymore with the userbase that remains. Only games like Just Dance can get away with that.

Rodea's best chance is on either the Wii U or 3DS. The Wii U since it's two games technically, or the 3DS since it has a much bigger (active) install base and people who enjoyed KI: Uprising may give it a shot.

Well, I'll buy the 3DS version, but if I had the chance to buy it for the Wii, i would. Kid Icarus controlls are a bit odd for me, I would like to aim with the CirclePad controller instead of the touchscreen, it's somewhat counterintuitive. If someone knows how to configure the controlls to change the circlepad to aim instead of moving, I'm all ears.

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
Well, I'll buy the 3DS version, but if I had the chance to buy it for the Wii, i would. Kid Icarus controlls are a bit odd for me, I would like to aim with the CirclePad controller instead of the touchscreen, it's somewhat counterintuitive. If someone know how to configure the controlls to change the circlepad to aim instead of moving, I'm all ears.

Can't help you there, I never got to play it. Wish it would come down in price though.

I'll probably pick up the Wii U version at some point. I'm curious as to how different the Wii/Wii U versions are from each other and I really feel like this will be a sought-after game in the long run.

Tough to say. Devil's Third has a bit of Nintendo's backing while Rodea is coming to Wii U and 3DS but with no hype. If it was just DT and Rodea U by itself I would think DT could beat it.

Yuji Naka will doom Rodea. So it's clearly going to be Devils Third! :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Sounds like the ultimate battle of the bombas.

I think that Devil's Third will sell more, but it won't come anywhere close to the Black Ops 2 Wii U player base (still 2K on weekends). I do that weird comparison with the player base because we don't have sales numbers.

Idk. But I plan to get Rodea day one and Devil's Third a few weeks later.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]