By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scalebound Looked...Underwhelming

Tagged games:

I thought this would be the definitive game I would buy an X1 for and now I'm not so sure.

I understand its an action RPG so its a little slower than usual for a Hack n Slash game but it just really looked off.

Maybe ive been spoiled by Metal Gear Rising...

And this might be nitpicking but what the hell was that running animation lol

Also hearing about the Co op DEFINITELY turned me off. 

Hopefully they'll show a better demo in the near future.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

This reminds me of when Super Mario 3D World was first shown and there were threads like this all over the place but then they showed another trailer and everyone realized how wrong they were.

Scalebound looked amazing to me. I feel like Microsoft needs more games like this anyway, something to really make the console stand out. 

The game still has 12+ months of development left, also I don't think that Co-Op Is mandatory for the game.

GOTY 2016

The game looks nice. However, there is some fps problems in the show case. Hope they iron it out (12 months is plenty of time).

Around the Network

Game looked fantastic imo.

game looked great to me, just worried about the framerate tbh

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Looks amazing, definitely looking forward to this game. Still awhile until release. Its a good answer to Horizon and Xenoblade.

I thought it looked pretty great. Ran badly but I'm hoping for a PC port definitely. I guess by then we'll know if it's good or not.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Azzanation said:
Looks amazing, definitely looking forward to this game. Still awhile until release. Its a good answer to Horizon and Xenoblade.

All 3 look good.

That said they are very differnt games, with differnt gameplay styles.

I guess Scalebound is more like Xenoblade than it is Horizon.

Afterward rewatching Scalebound, followed by trailors for Xenoblade and Horizon,

Im not as impressed as I was mid the presentation of it though.

On its own it looks good, but compaired to Xenoblade & Horizon... not nearly as impressive.