By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Persona 3

Tagged games:

Glad you loved it. Now play Persona 4. It takes everything good about Persona 3 and makes it much, much better.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
patronmacabre said:

Glad you loved it. Now play Persona 4. It takes everything good about Persona 3 and makes it much, much better.

You've already read it? wow

I have 4 to play here, but I don't think I'll have the time to right now, so I'll want some days and see if I can get started into it or not.

I'm a fast reader. Blame it on the fact that I have to plow through textbooks constantly.

But yeah, I agree with you about the cheap difficulty. I assume you have horrible memories of World Balance?

Try persona 4.In my opinion, it is in every aspect better than persona 3, ehich you saw that already was an amazing game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

BraLoD said:

Was it one of the bosses in Tartarus? I really don't remember their names XP

Yeah, it was. I honestly didn't have much of a problem with it, but it's pretty infamous for being really difficult.

Now, that I think back to it, the boss I really, really hated was the final form of the final boss, because one of her attacks inflicted charm on my characters, who would proceed to cast Diarahan on the boss, fully healing her. I literally nearly broke my controller because the boss was fully healed three times.

Only gave it a 10/10 eh? Do you work for Gamespot or something?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

On a different note, did you get a chance to complete the Akinari Social Link? That one was my favorite social link in the game, and it genuinely left me teary-eyed.

I enjoyed the game quite a bit, but couldn't finish it because it got repetitive and shallow gameplay-wise, it's still better than most JRPGs in that aspect for the simple fact that the game lacks any sort of forced random encounters and has SOME strategy in it besides the "attack>beattacked>cure>repeat" pattern, but it's still quite underwhelming, maybe I'll pick it up again some day, right where I left off I mean, there's no fucking way I'll be doing all of that shit again.

I'm now filled with determination.

BraLoD said:
patronmacabre said:
On a different note, did you get a chance to complete the Akinari Social Link? That one was my favorite social link in the game, and it genuinely left me teary-eyed.

Yup, I only couldn't with Fuuka (damn girl was at level 9!), Mitsuru and Aigis.

I kinda knew he had already died when he gives you the nootbook. I was feeling it was a ghost, lol.
It was really sad indeed.

I got to know his mother also after in the last days, she was concerned about him not finishing the story because she couldn't find the nootbook because he gave it to you, damn man, I was really glad I went to explore that last days and found her.

Fuck that's a game, I was really glad, hahaha.

The best social link for me is the hermit arcana girl you play the mmorpg with on Sundays.  Meeting her on the final day was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:
Only gave it a 10/10 eh? Do you work for Gamespot or something?

A man has to do what a man has to do. Lil' BraLoD needs to put the bread into his table, GS has to be pleased.

Fair enough! I find that I'm looking forward a lot more than I am looking back, in terms of gaming purchases and playthroughs. Whereas last generation I played a lot of catch-up as a discount gamer, I find myself quite liking the feeling of being up-to-date. I guess what I'm trying to say is I don't have as much interest in playing older games as I used to, although that may be something I'll work through. In the meantime however FF9 sits unfinished in ePSXe. Glad you enjoyed Persona 3!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
thatguymarco said:
I enjoyed the game quite a bit, but couldn't finish it because it got repetitive and shallow gameplay-wise, it's still better than most JRPGs in that aspect for the simple fact that the game lacks any sort of forced random encounters and has SOME strategy in it besides the "attack>beattacked>cure>repeat" pattern, but it's still quite underwhelming, maybe I'll pick it up again some day, right where I left off I mean, there's no fucking way I'll be doing all of that shit again.

It doesn't get repetitive if you don't want to, go straight ahead to the important battles and climb tartarus avoiding most of the shadows.
It's always changing because of their arcanas is always changing too.

You'll eventually be under-leveled if you do that, though, and I remember some bosses being especially hard even if over-leveled.

I'm now filled with determination.