By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Star Citizen's First-Person Shooter Module Delayed but you can buy 400 dolars ships

Tagged games:

SC will either be one of the best games ever made, or biggest scam ever.

Around the Network

after the amount of funding the game got (Current 84.6 million), a $400 pricetag on a ship is fucking crazy.

I will be buying this game, hoping it lives up to expectations because there quite high considering the funding on this game.

What makes a ship $400?

I look at this game, and I see everything that is wrong with PC gaming or the PC gaming mindset. Then again, what do I know?

400??? it better come with a dinner and lub...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

I hope they don't screw up the game's economy before it even releases. If that happens, I'll just play on private server.

I'll be brutally honest here: In my opinion the Star Citizen devs (or te be more clear, the guy that's leading the whole operation) are complete pieces of shit.

They are still happily letting people blow cash up their ass even though they are $20 million above their last stretch goal. They say the game will release in late 2016 (I'm pretty sure it has been delayed a couple times already) but does anyone actually believe that? And they(he) have(has) the gall to say something like they are never going to "dumb down Star Citizen for lesser platforms" acting as if they are some sort shining example for other devs and what they should do, when in reality they simply don't have to give a shit about where they release the freaking game on aside from PC because they still have people throwing millions of dollars at them every month, people that only want one thing in return at some point: the game.

Intrinsic said:
What makes a ship $400?

I look at this game, and I see everything that is wrong with PC gaming or the PC gaming mindset. Then again, what do I know?

Relative value to other ships. You can't sell a $400 ship for $50 and not expect everyone else to be pissed off who payed higher amounts for their ship

But anyway, the journalists have, as ever, done a terrible job. Basically, Star Marine is delayed because of the netcode primarily and they are using the time to fix more bugs and improve the experience. This isn't because of feature creep or anything, it's because they need more time to re-work the CryEngine netcode, which explains why they've opened a studio in Frankfurt (the location of Crytek's head offices!)

As a backer. I'm happy with the situation. We get weekly updates telling us what the teams and working on, which is basically unparalled even in open development. There's also a game I can play right now, which is pretty fun, though still needs some work. I still believe in Chris

So, do I get that ship delivered to my doorstep? As it must surely be a working high quality miniature spaceship to fucking justify that pricetag?

DerNebel said:

I'll be brutally honest here: In my opinion the Star Citizen devs (or te be more clear, the guy that's leading the whole operation) are complete pieces of shit.

They are still happily letting people blow cash up their ass even though they are $20 million above their last stretch goal. They say the game will release in late 2016 (I'm pretty sure it has been delayed a couple times already) but does anyone actually believe that? And they(he) have(has) the gall to say something like they are never going to "dumb down Star Citizen for lesser platforms" acting as if they are some sort shining example for other devs and what they should do, when in reality they simply don't have to give a shit about where they release the freaking game on aside from PC because they still have people throwing millions of dollars at them every month, people that only want one thing in return at some point: the game.

So they should just stop letting people buy the game and buy the ships? Why?

How much does an MMO cost? Cloud Imperium Games have at least 300 employees (I can't remember if that included outsourcers). That's a lot of people to have making a game for 3-4 years. More money mean more employees which generally means a better experience