By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classsics: Final Fantasy 10-2 (finished)

Tagged games:

Well, glad to hear that you liked it better than 10.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
vivster said:
Well, glad to hear that you liked it better than 10.

I didn't.

I'm pretty sure you gave FFX like a 3/10 or something. That's how I remember it.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

And now you are going to play ff 12?

BraLoD said:
vivster said:

I'm pretty sure you gave FFX like a 3/10 or something. That's how I remember it.

Haha you are just a little off, I gave it a 8.5

I know, I know, pretty small difference from what you remember, but it edges the decision to X

Well, call me a liar but...

You really don't need to be ashamed that you rated FFX-2 higher. It's what we all do.

Yeah aside from the mind numbing j-pop bastardization of a game I liked it had some good points. I fogot how complete I was but the ending I got was "well I guess it just wasn't him the whole time."

I said f* this game and haven't played it since.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

Yeah not the best of them. Probably the best direct sequel to a game that isn't supposed to get one though. (Unplanned that is)

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:
Yeah not the best of them. Probably the best direct sequel to a game that isn't supposed to get one though. (Unplanned that is)

Was 13-2 planned? 'Cause 13-2 is better IMO.

Cannot say for sure. But it certainly seems like it, especially after the major profits from X-2.

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:

Cannot say for sure. But it certainly seems like it, especially after the major profits from X-2.

Didn't knew 10-2 did well, good for them.

Also I heard 13-3 (lighting returns) is good too.

I mean i got no idea on development timeframes. But they said they started on xiii-2 2 months after release. X-2 development said to have started 6 months after X released.

X-2 officially sold over 4m. vvith the original selling 6.7m, not including the next gen rereleases vvhich have also been quite successful.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/09/square-enix-revises-forecasts-sales-exceed-expectations/

BraLoD said:
Farsala said:

I mean i got no idea on development timeframes. But they said they started on xiii-2 2 months after release. X-2 development said to have started 6 months after X released.

X-2 officially sold over 4m. vvith the original selling 6.7m, not including the next gen rereleases vvhich have also been quite successful.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/09/square-enix-revises-forecasts-sales-exceed-expectations/

VGChartz have numbers way higher than that to both.
Over 8M to X and over 5M to X-2.

But compared with 13 is really did sold a lot more with the sequel, as 13 is at like 7M here and 13-2 way, way lower.

Ya its possible, but those are official numbers as far as I can tell.

13-2 had bad vvord of mouth from 13, as vvith LR. I think both are decent games though.

BraLoD said:
Chark said:

Yeah aside from the mind numbing j-pop bastardization of a game I liked it had some good points. I fogot how complete I was but the ending I got was "well I guess it just wasn't him the whole time."

I said f* this game and haven't played it since.

I read it has multiple endings.

The one I got Yuna ends with Tidus, he is not Shuyin indeed, but he is there as well, there is times you can press X and you'll hear a whistle, it's Tidus, and in the ending you can get him back as the fayth asks if you want it or not. It's a happy ending.

I thought it was circle but maybe I remember wrong.

Anyways, I had no idea I had to press a button to get that ending so I missed it and had to look for some video in YouTube to get that happy ending.

I found X-2 so memorable I barely remember the plot. The battle system was nice though.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1