By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why some companies get a free pass when releasing games with problems ?

Tagged games:

I havent had any problems on witcher, but you pretty much write it yourself in your example. A company with a yearly release vs a company with a less often release, who is gonna get criticised more

Around the Network

Playing witcher 3 in PS4. Apart from some crashed game is fine. And game is full of contents. Watch dogs felt like $30 game. Witcher 3 feels like a $200 game.

I thought this was going to be a Nintendo bashing one... Glad it isn't.

I think it has to do with the fact that Ubisoft and EA have been so bad for so long, that people won't let them get away with yet another screw up.

I've no idea if The Witcher was downgraded, patched, glitched, broken at launch, whatever it is, I couldn't careless.

Uh, have you played any GTA game? If frame rate drops is all it takes to have grounds to bash a developer, Rockstar are among the worst in the world in open world games, add massive pop-in and texture loading issues as well. Bethesda follow close behind.
GTA V is rated a 96 on metacritic, why don't you use that for an example instead?

It's the amount of goodwill the company has acquired. That, unless they completely screw up their PR.

CD Projekt RED has tons of goodwill. They're an independent studio that has done excellent games, and they've defended gamers by attacking DRM. Also no milking.

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah, I saw the video. Looks fine to me.

Unless you are referring to the graphs and shit on it? I can understand that, having all those graphs clogging up the game screen would be quite annoying...

Not even bother to respond at what you said and will just ignore from now on.

watched it too, what is the issue, clarify your OP or else don't make teary posts like this, waste of time watching a linked vid with no description.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

i cant play the freaking video for some unknown reason, could you tell me what are the problems? im really curious about it since i haven't played the game.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
ganoncrotch said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Not even bother to respond at what you said and will just ignore from now on.

watched it too, what is the issue, clarify your OP or else don't make teary posts like this, waste of time watching a linked vid with no description.

Framerate is always 20 fps , sometimes hitting less than 20 , dont know why you find it so hard to see the problem.

You're right, that's exactly the same as a port of a 10 year old game on new hardware having seconds worth of input lag... My eye is actually twitching, going to leave this thread and see if it stops!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Assasins Creed was broken 100% on all platforms meanwhile the Wither 3 has a couple of issues on the console versions. It would be pretty harsh if the press called them out for that to the same level as Ubisoft.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Last year Ubisoft got trashed by all because of the assasins creed game problems, it had framerate problems, loading screens problems and other stuff. Press call them out , trash them and mock them on twitter etc.

Now i am talking CDproject red, look at the game on ps4 :

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_swamps_1_03-34759_en.html

Look at this... City of the game is like this too when rains, or when is night or there is fire effects.

their forums tech support :

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/43085-How-well-is-the-PS4-version-running-for-you-%28Performance-wise%29/page6

They lied :

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05/06/the-witcher-3-devs-on-ps4-version-dont-worry-about-optimization-our-coders-are-true-voodoo-shamans/

Lots of not happy people.

And not a single website calls them out or puts some kind of pressure to see if they fix the game or not, if this was Ubisoft or EA they would be fucked but CDProjectred have some free pass in this.

The double standarts ...

Its so fucking bad trying to enjoy a great game ( game is great ) and these things keep destroying your experience.

That's why.  It's not necessarily the company, it's the game itself.  If it's great, many people are willing to give it far more slack than they are if it's any level below great (good, average, mediocre etc...).