By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Half-Life Black Mesa Edition

Tagged games:

I have recently purchased and played Half-Life Black Mesa and i must say, Crowbar Collective have done an amazing job with this Remaster/remake. Half-Life sits as one of my favorite games of all time, and i have to say im amazed. Iv played Half-Life many times though the years and seen its transformation as the years go by. Black Mesa is one of the best remasters iv played so far, and anyone who loves Half-Life, i recommand this to you. It isnt just a Remaster, its a Remake, it uses the Half-Life 2 engine physics and the game just looks fantastic. For the price it is on Steam, its worth the purchase in my opinion.

Anyone else playing this? what are your thoughts? Do you think Crowbar Collective did what Valve would have done?

Around the Network

I wanna play this but I heard it's incomplete, meaning the last part of the game is missing. When will it be ready?

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 06 December 2022

Do you have to have the original half life to be able to play it or will you be able to play it without the original half life?

Natsu said:
Do you have to have the original half life to be able to play it or will you be able to play it without the original half life?

Black Mesa is a standalone game.

You don't need the original Half-Life to play.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

Is there additional content? Did they remake the alien world that some criticized (though I loved?)
Is the control as responsive and consistent as before? Is it harder?

I was about to buy this awesome game until appeared Early Access Game.

I think i played the mod version, boy, it was awesome. Believe or not, i've been waiting for 10 years, no joke!

Been considering is for a long time, HL is one of my all time favorite games but is hasn't aged well, unlike the sequel. Will wait for a sale and get this some day, for sure!

ithis said:
Is there additional content? Did they remake the alien world that some criticized (though I loved?)
Is the control as responsive and consistent as before? Is it harder?

I only played the mod version half way (no pun intended) but the was quite a bit reworked, it plays and feels gameplay wise like the second game and the weapon, character and enemy models were redone up to the second game's standards.

I haven't gotten far yet in this game, but ill keep you guys updated once I complete it. At the moment this is a gem.