By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Splatoon sell better in its first month than W101 did its first year?

Tagged games:

Will Splatoon on its first month than W101 did its first year?

Yes. We're all kids and ... 99 92.52%

No. Too much to even think of it. 8 7.48%

Total:107

With Nintendo advertising this game almost as well as they did with Mario Kart or Smash Bros, I'm sure this game will do wonderfully well at release, specially for a new IP on a console with a small userbase. Compared with other new IP Nintendo made for the system, the Wonderful 101, this one will certainly won't be a comercial dissapointment.

The Wonderful 101 released in 2013 and sold around 140.000 units that year. Can Splatoon sell more in a month than W101 did in its whole first year?

EDIT: Can you think Splatoon can surpass W101 sales in it first WEEK,or that's too optimistic?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Easily.

It can outsell it first week

Spending warm summer days indoors   

Writing frightening verse

To a buck-toothed girl in Luxembourg

NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU, GB, GBC, GBA, DS, 3DS, Mega Drive, Game Gear, PS1, PS2, PSP, XBOX 360, Atari Lynx

I think Splatoon can sell 1 million minimum in its first month

Curmudgeon said:
It will outsell it first week

Fixed for accuracy!

Around the Network

First week.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Easily, maybe in Japan alone.
Splatoon first week WW should be around 500k.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

140,000 units in 1 week can be easily done, all of W101 sales in it's first week is asking too much, may happen though quite unlikely.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

More like first day.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Without a doubt

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."