By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will a PS4 exclusive ever outsell Mario Kart Wii?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 45 11.17%

No 358 88.83%

Total:403

Mario Kart Wii stands at 35 million sales on a userbase of 101 million.

Given that PS4 is widely expected to outsell the Wii lifetime, and that some expect it to even outsell the PS2's record of 150 million, will an exclusive on it sell more than Mario Kart Wii?

What say you?

Around the Network

This one is very easy. No.  We are talking about GTA level of sales.

I highly doubt it, but you never know...

No. I have my doubts that a PS4 exclusive will ever sell over 15m, let alone 35m.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

*Sniff Sniff* I smell a flame war coming on. Im goooone. (you might not get the reference)

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

lol no. Never going to happen.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Nah.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Nop.

Also I have a lot of doubts about Ps4 outselling the Wii honestly.

Not going to happen, I'd be surprised if any PS exclusive even breaks 10 million.

curl-6 said:

Mario Kart Wii stands at 35 million sales on a userbase of 101 million.

Given that PS4 is widely expected to outsell the Wii lifetime, and that many expect it to even outsell the PS2's record of 150 million, will an exclusive on it sell more than Mario Kart Wii?

What say you?

Slight correction. A few wishful thinkers expect...

Many people think 120 million is on the cards, most people think 100 million is likely/possible, only a few people think 150 million+ is on the cards.

No, it is clear from Playstation's history that it does not sell games at that level. 20 million is where games on PS platforms top out.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix