By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Mario Kart 8 have a better attach rate than Wii Sports? And Super Mario Bros?

Tagged games:

Will Mario Kart 8 have a better attach rate than Wii Sports?

Yes. Low userbase shall make it possible. 3 11.11%

No. Wii Sports is just too big. 23 85.19%

Results. 1 3.70%

Total:27
Mario Kart 8 5.11m copies sold 9.55m userbase 53,75%
Wii Sports 82.4m copies sold 101m userbase 80,63%

With the latest numbers, we know that Mario Kart 8 has sold around 5.11 on a 9.55m userbase. Compare that to the Wii Sports: It sold around 82,4m copies on a 101m userbase. Will MK8 surpass that kind of attach rate?

EDIT: So people seem to think MK8 won't get close to the 80% attach ratio of Wii Sports. Okay, fair enough, 80% is a monumental number to beat, even with an small userbase. Maybe something less big? Will Mario Kart 8 have a better attach rate than Super Mario Bros for the NES?

Mario Kart 8 (WiiU)
5.11m copies sold 9.55m userbase 53,75% aprox.
Super Mario Bros (NES)
40,24m copies sold 61,91m userbase 65% aprox.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Grrr that is a hard reach but maybe

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Wheres the /s at??
Of course it doesnt stand a chance

I think that already have bigger attach rate, because Wii Sports was bundled with almost every Wii console.

Its possible. very possible but i doubt it

Around the Network

The way they bundle SM3DW with everything, I'm thinking that game has a better shot.

Not even in the slightest.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Not a chance in hell.... I can't believe people think that it actually could happen.

Lol are people really considering this?

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

With slow Wii U sales and the promise of more DLC to come (as indicated in the financial results) it will be interesting to see how much the attach rate grows. But to surpass Wii Sports? I dunno.