By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Next Final Fantasy Type teaser Behind the Scenes

Tagged games:

http://youtu.be/jTbV_zwCm6c

sorry i cant embed

I finished Type-0 today... cried my eyes out with the ending. This teaser looks amazing though.

Around the Network

I saw this a while back, I just wanna say how epic the music is in this trailer.  SE still got it to this day.

Maybe it will be teased further at SE's E3 conference. Do you know if this will be a handheld title or a console title? Or perhaps both?
Who knows, knowing SE, we'll probably get a XVI tease as well lol.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

I love the song Utakata

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

i think it will be on consoles, that might be one of the reasons they decided to port to ps4/xone

Around the Network
ReimTime said:
Maybe it will be teased further at SE's E3 conference. Do you know if this will be a handheld title or a console title? Or perhaps both?

FInal Fantasy XVI is most likely much further along then this game as work on it presumably began not long after XIII

Type-1 however isn't a game a this point, the team became dedicated to XV before it left the planning/design stages. Don't expect it any time soon, this is essentially like the teaser that they left at the end of Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep.

teigaga said:
ReimTime said:

FInal Fantasy XVI is most likely much further along then this game as work on it presumably began not long after XIII

Type-1 however isn't a game a this point, the team became dedicated to XV before it left the planning/design stages. Don't expect it any time soon, this is essentially like the teaser that they left at the end of Kingdom Hearts birth by sleep.

My fondest theory is that Agni's philosophy is being expanded into a full-fledged development. My only question for you is who would be free to work on such a thing with development of FFXV and KH3 being so prioritized?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

My fondest theory is that Agni's philosophy is being expanded into a full-fledged development. My only question for you is who would be free to work on such a thing with development of FFXV and KH3 being so prioritized?

Well when you look at it Versus XIII only became Final Fantasy XV in late 2011. Square Enix did not go 2 years without an actual XV (now XVI) in development, development of the next entry has always overlapped the completion of the prior. Final Fantasy X, XI, XII and Kingdom hearts were all in developent in 2001 by seprate teams. XIV will likely have began development in late 2009 when it was intended to be xv.  Square does not appear to have specific teams we're aware of like Nintendo with EAD1, 2, 3 etc so we don't know what resouces they do or don't have. Director wise Hiroshi Minagawa of XII fame comes to mind as director.

teigaga said:
ReimTime said:

Well when you look at it Versus XIII only became Final Fantasy XV in late 2011. Square Enix did not go 2 years without an actual XV (now XVI) in development, development of the next entry has always overlapped the completion of the prior. Final Fantasy X, XI, XII and Kingdom hearts were all in developent in 2001 by seprate teams. XIV will likely have began development in late 2009 when it was intended to be xv.  Square does not appear to have specific teams we're aware of like Nintendo with EAD1, 2, 3 etc so we don't know what resouces they do or don't have. Director wise Hiroshi Minagawa of XII fame comes to mind as director.

True. So far the "teams" I know of would be: Nomura and co(KH3), Tabata and co (FFXV), the FFXIV team, the FFX remaster team (big if here), and any mobile teams they have. That leaves the director of XII as well as some others, so groundwork is most likely being done on XVI. What you said about development overlaps really makes me hope that they are doing something with Agni's Philosophy, expecially with the amount of effort they put into that tech demo

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
teigaga said:

True. So far the "teams" I know of would be: Nomura and co(KH3), Tabata and co (FFXV), the FFXIV team, the FFX remaster team (big if here), and any mobile teams they have. That leaves the director of XII as well as some others, so groundwork is most likely being done on XVI. What you said about development overlaps really makes me hope that they are doing something with Agni's Philosophy, expecially with the amount of effort they put into that tech demo

Square having their own E3 conference gives me confidence we'll see more this year then we've seen in a long time.