By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Konami situation.

Tagged games:

So, with the recent news about Hideo Kojima leaving Konami and the new Silent Hill game probably affected (if not outright cancelled), I realised how importan Kojima has been for the company in the last couple of years. And the I thought: What happened to the rest of the company? Who is in charge of Contra, Castlevania, PES, YuGiOh, DDR, Sukoiden...? I haven't heard about those games in a long time, everything Konami pushed and hyped was Metal Gear (and a Silent Hill spinoff every now and then), and the main man behind that will be gone soon. What happened with everything else? How did Konami become so dependent to Metal Gear?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

They are a pachinko and arcade manufacturer.
They're falling apart now.
They'll be fine without videogames, but man.. what a kick in the balls.

Sales of those franchises not growing at the same pace as dev costs, failure at establishing new big franchises.

thousand people write konami on facebook and twitter right now:

"MGS 5 - its a hideo kojima game" !

Konami reserves the MGS rights, not the inventor/father of MGS.
And maybe !! the Fox Engine of Hideo Kojima!
This is really a crime. Its very sad. No wonder why so many people leave Konami (by the end of the year)

Bye Konami.

Around the Network

I think we're seeing the slow extinction of Konami. Their last great game might very well be MGSV.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

theprof00 said:
They are a pachinko and arcade manufacturer.
They're falling apart now.
They'll be fine without videogames, but man.. what a kick in the balls.

↑Applies to Sega as well. Just waiting for Metal Gear Boom.

bet: lost

lets hope they sale off the videogaming part of the company

RolStoppable said:
It's only fitting after they've killed Hudson.

Huh I forgot about that, guess they deserve all thats coming to them

Konami are not dependent on Metal Gear. They are a fitness club business, with slot machines and smartphone games sprinkled here and there. They stopped giving a shit about video games because it barely affects their bottom line anymore.

I'm sad their IPs are dying with their video game business, and devastated about the fate of my favourite franchise of all time. I hope Kojima finds a publisher willing to give him AAA budgets and free reign over his projects, because he's a fucking genius and he deserves it.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.