By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Report: Retro Studios is Working on a Secret Wii U Game With a New Engine

Tagged games:

Retro Studios, the Nintendo-owned Texas studio behind the Metroid Prime series and the last two Donkey Kong Country games, has been working on a new title since late 2013, but we know very little. It seems this is because Nintendo is doing their best to keep it under wraps. According to Tamaki from Unseen64, the team that specializes in uncovering the facts behind cancelled game projects, Retro's new game is on Wii U (as expected), and will use a new engine. What do you hope to see next from Retro?

source: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/report-retro-studios-is-working-on-a-secret-wii-u-game-with-a-new-engine#.VR2dC_msWar

Around the Network

Metroid U: Beachball Edition Confirmed! (As wiiU seems to get more and more support)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

No, no, everyone knows Wii U is doomed, so it's NX and it's not on a new engine as they're making DKC again.

Did I get the forum opinion right?

Around the Network

I'm calling it now- F-Zero...

0_0

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

My hype is happening!

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

RolStoppable said:
Please God, no. Don't let their talent be wasted on a Wii U game.

Why? Wii U is a great console, and their last game on it sold over a million copies

fory77 said:
I'm calling it now- F-Zero...

I really hate it when people beg Retro for F-Zero or Star Fox.

You got an F-Zero track in MK8 and they announced 200CC for it as well.

Is F-Zero and Star Fox all you people think about?

I'm hoping a new IP, Metroid or 3D DK platformer. An action RPG of Fire Emblem would be sweet.

But please don't put a team that is well known for exploration based games (yes even DKC: TF) on a racer that will sell 500k copies at best.