By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can any other game even hope to outsell GTA this gen?

Tagged games:

It's possible?

Yes 8 28.57%

Maybe 2 7.14%

No 12 42.86%

LOL 6 21.43%

Total:28

I don't see any other game beating GTA's sales.  Its gonna have to be a new massive IP or cod does it by some miracle and does something really innovative. 

Around the Network

You're probably right on the whole only another GTA will outsell the last GTA, though it needs to be the only GTA and released at the end of the gen as for at least the next year and a half, people will be satisfied by GTA 5. The only thing which can actually outsell GTA 5 as of this moment though is COD if it reinvents itself enough this generation.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The best selling version or all console versions combined?It would fair(for the exclusives) if you put it as the best selling  console version only...

GTA V will sell +50,000,000... that is more than the XBO, Wii U, and Vita will sell lifetime...
Nope, i don't see any game to sell this number's this gen...

who knows maybe gta 6 flops and then a lot of games have outsold it

Around the Network
Ruler said:

It doesn't seem like there will be game...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Total sales? Nah.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Ryng_Tolu said:
Ruler said:

You never know. Perhaps someone will steal all the copies of GTA VI that Rockstar shipped. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Too early to say, but I would say no.