By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ex-Rare Thinks Fans Will "Really Like" What Rare's Making & Wants to Work With Rare

Tagged games:

Ex-Rare Team Thinks Fans Will "Really Like" What Rare's Making - News

By Patrick Day-Childs, less than an hour

Playtonic, the development studio that consists of former Rare developers and which is currently working on a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie, believes that fans will really like what Rare is working on right now.

While speaking to The Guardian, Playtonic's studio head, Gavin Price, said "I'm looking forward to what they're doing next -- people will be really happy to see it".

Price even goes on to say that the two firms might collaborate in the future, saying "You never know, there are some good old mates of ours down the road, they may might want to do a little multi-studio collaboration."

Meanwhile, Playtonic's technical director, Jens Restemeier, shot down that whole "Microsoft killed Rare" thing, stating that "It wasn't like that. They gave us freedom, almost more freedom than Nintendo gave us."

Source: http://www.gamrreview.com/news/92614/ex-rare-team-thinks-fans-will-really-like-what-rares-making/

I like what I read so far in this piece.

Around the Network

Well Nintendo was right to not give them more freedom then...

And they used all that new found freedom to develop Kinect Sports.

So they wanted to make all those kinect games?

If less freedom was what they needed to make better games, then Microsoft needs to become a dictator with them.

Around the Network

So they chose to go from making games like Goldeneye and Banjo to make Kinect Sports games.

Hmmmm

I do believe him about freedom given by Mcicrosoft. Microsoft even let Bungie go independent. No other company would let it happen.

KingdomHeartsFan said:

So they wanted to make all those kinect games?

Apparently so.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I don't get it. Why did their quality decrease that heavily then?
And I doubt they wanted to make Kinect Sports.

Wait, they did those Kinect games out of their own will?
Well, that just makes things 10x worse...