By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - BraLoD catching up with the classics: Final Fantasy 8 (finished)

Tagged games:

Does this mean you are moving on to FFIX next? I'm currently doing a playthough of it on ePSXe (although I haven't touched it since January :p) and am really enjoying it

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Err... you liked the story? Including the moment where they go: Oh yeah, we conveniently forgot we knew each other since we were little... because of ummmm... the guardian forces! Yeah... thats it! Those means GF... but we will keep using them... because reasons.

Ruined the whole game to me along with the draw system.

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:
Does this mean you are moving on to FFIX next? I'm currently doing a playthough of it on ePSXe (although I haven't touched it since January :p) and am really enjoying it

I'm not so sure anymore, it was the plan though.
It's taking me too much time, maybe I'll wait a little more to start FF9.

Probably a good idea. I installed ePSXe and got myself ROMs of all the classic RPGs, and in 8 months I am in total 1/4 through one of them lol. They're great but I just don't have the time for them

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Told you about the music. Melodies of Life can suck Eyes on Me's dick!
How did you like the theme in the final castle?

I'm currently at the end of CD1, let's see if I can finish it. I only get to play it on and from my way to works and I'm doing every side quest so it could take a while.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Congratz!, so what now? FF9 or MGS?

Around the Network

Now that you've beaten the game, grab some popcorn and take a look at Spoony's review of FFVIII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1njLpZDfUCQ

BraLoD said:
estebxx said:
Congratz!, so what now? FF9 or MGS?

I really dunno.

I told myself to play all three in a row, but I'll have problem with FF9 as I had with 8, maybe MGS is more suitable now.

I still don't have it though, it's available at PSN but 2 and 3 are not (only with the HD versions, which is not what I'll play).

Maybe I can get MGS and do it now and think about how to get 2 and 3 after.

why not the HD versions? to my knowledge there is nothing wrong with them.

What other games do you plan to do? My PS1 backlog has Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FF7-9, MGS1, Silent Hill, and a few others. You will be doing PS2 games too I take it?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

BraLoD said:
ReimTime said:
What other games do you plan to do? My PS1 backlog has Xenogears, Chrono Cross, FF7-9, MGS1, Silent Hill, and a few others. You will be doing PS2 games too I take it?

FF7 to 9 and Metal Gear Solid 1 to 3 were the initial plan, but I've bought Persona 3 and 4 and might do with as well.

People asked for Xenogears but that can take a while, was also thinking in Vagrant Story and Suikoden 2 as well. But of this three only Suikoden,is available at my PSN, and all of them are RPGs so it can be a while too.

Mostly between FF9 and MGS right now.

Sweet well good luck!

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:

The only one on that list I haven't played is Silent Hill. But I can definitely say that you should play Chrono Cross as soon as you can. CC is an absolute masterpiece imo. However, when you are playing it, approach the game with an open mind.