By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A survival guide for the modern gamer: How to beat any videogame!

Tagged games:

Tired of getting hyped for videogames that you know you suck at? Tired of being a casual gamer?

Then this guide is for you.

Just follow this simple steps:

1- Grow some balls. You need a pair of these to play hard games. It's like playing a sport at a competitive level, you need balls to play most sports! So go ahead and get them. You can buy them at stores or grow them yourself. I would choose the second option since it's the most economic one.

2- Have patience. If you are a human being that is part of the so called "system" then you must know that you will spend most of your short life working for a company, or on the best of cases for your own company! The ideal situation is to work at something you love but most people will work at something they hate. So you'll need to have patience to survive in your everyday life. Just train it and apply it to videogames!

3- Train your Skillz. You need to get better at the game so play it regularly. 20 minutes a day practicing will make you a pro in no time. Familiarize yourself with the game, be the game. Also try to ditch some unimportant tasks like washing your hands/taking a dump/having sex with your girl. That will add you some minutes everyday to play videogames! I know your life is crowded with activities to do so you need to get every second out of it!

4- Play the game. Now you are ready to beat any game! That's it, that's all it takes! Now go and pre order bloodborne to feel like a special snowflake! (Even though that's not true and you are never going to achieve anything cool in your life. Except winning a beer pong tournament, that might be doable for you.)

Enjoy your hardcore life!

Cheers!

<3

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network

Nah. Since casual gamers have abandoned traditional console gaming we are the actual remaining special snowflakes in this industry.

So screw games that don't want to play themselves for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:

Nah. Since casual gamers have abandoned traditional console gaming we are the actual remaining special snowflakes in this industry.

So screw games that don't want to play themselves for me.

I thought you where one of those casual gamers since you thoroughly enjoyed a mobile game.

Good to know you are still part of the special snowflakes!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

"Press X to Jason".

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Let it be... Just let it be...

Around the Network

1. Skip all boring cutscenes preventing you from enjoying the gameplay.

2. Attempt to discern the intended path that you should follow to make progress.

3. Consult the internet.

4. Send angry messages to the video game developer's various social media accounts to let them know that the game that they developed is too difficult.

5. Download the latest patch.

6. Follow the waypoint.

This will be very useful for bloodborne.

This reminds me that I hate so much when I have two paths to choose, and I want to explore a bit, and unknowingly I pick the path that forces a cutscene on me, advances the plot and doesn't allow me to go back and check the other room I missed :(

I think #2 is the one people struggle with the most :P

pokoko said:

I'm not THAT annoying!!

I'm even worse. *tee hee*