By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Rumor: Details about cancelled Metroid 3DS project emerge

Tagged games:

http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-details-emerge-about-cancelled-metroid-3ds-project/

According to the guys from Unseen64 this cancelled Metroid game was intended to be played in 2.5D and it was also supposed to be a bit "faster" than both Super Metrioid and Metroid Fusion, based on a prototype. Also, the game had a different artstyle compared to what Metroid fans were used to and even Samus herself was a bit thinner and more athletic. That's all that is known about this cancelled Metroid 3DS project.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

This sounds like that Metroid game Next Level game wanted to make with its polygonal art style. If it is, I'm sort of glad it was cancelled because that art style was really unappealing. I hope they kept any interesting ideas from it, though!

yeah this was prob that next level games metroid they were making.

I don't think we'll be seeing Metroid this gen on 3DS nor Wii U at this point

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

If it was this nonsense, then thank god it got cancelled. I want a new Metroid game but I don't want it to be terrible or unappealing

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Now that makes me sad. I wanted a Metroid game on my 3DS so bad...
Maybe on the New 3DS in a few years...

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Eh I'm not so sure. I'm still somewhat expecting a 3DS Metroid to be announced at E3, if for no other reason than the 3DS desperately needs some games in the 2nd half of 2015. You know, considering as of now there are 0 announced 3DS games for 2nd half 2015. 

SJReiter said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Eh I'm not so sure. I'm still somewhat expecting a 3DS Metroid to be announced at E3, if for no other reason than the 3DS desperately needs some games in the 2nd half of 2015. You know, considering as of now there are 0 announced 3DS games for 2nd half 2015. 

Yeah maybe,we'll see. It makes me wonder when they're preparing for their next handheld. Kinda seems like 3DS is running out of steam

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

PwerlvlAmy said:
SJReiter said:

Yeah maybe,we'll see. It makes me wonder when they're preparing for their next handheld. Kinda seems like 3DS is running out of steam

Kinda true, there will still be big releases (Bravely Second, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, etc...), but with the more powerful hardware of the New 3DS, w might see a lot of good stuff in the next E3. Probably a lot of remasters, but still, I wouldn't complain, I kinda missed everything that released on the N64/GC/Wii

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

This actually makes me a touch more hopeful about the future of Metroid. The "new looks and speed" thing suggests that this game would be a sort of reboot, so Nintendo's rejecting it may mean they still have plans for the series.

Metroid might be hibernating now, but considering that after 1994, it took a 8-year hiatus before getting two games at once, I doubt it's dead.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
This actually makes me a touch more hopeful about the future of Metroid. The "new looks and speed" thing suggests that this game would be a sort of reboot, so Nintendo's rejecting it may mean they still have plans for the series.

Metroid might be hibernating now, but considering that after 1994, it took a 8-year hiatus before getting two games at once, I doubt it's dead.

I still wonder if Nintendo has plans for both 2D and 3D Metroid!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---