By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - top 10 psp games?

Tagged games:

psp:

a great dedicated handheld... 11 36.67%

...or the greatest? 8 26.67%

gba (results) 11 36.67%

Total:30

i remember there was something like this for atari games and ps3 exclusives awhile back. i'm a big fan of the psp to this day, even tho it wasn't as big of a success as sony would have liked (took almost a decade to do the numbers the gba did in five years). i'm also one of two people who liked the psp go, but then i also liked the game boy micro... so... what are your top 10 (or 5, or 3...) psp games?

mine are below:

10. gitaroo man lives

9. persona 3 portable

8. burnout legends

7. every extend extra

6. valkyria chronicles 2

5. patapon/patapon 2

4. wipeout pure

3. half-minute hero

2. tactics ogre

1. lumines/lumines 2 --> closest thing it had to gb tetris, i guess.

Around the Network

I bought my personal top 10 recently:

10. Mega Man: Powered Up
9. Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
8. Mega Man: Maverick Hunter X
7. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
6. Jeanne D'Arc
5. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
4. Valkyria Chronicles 2
3. Valkyria Chronicles III (With the English patch it's one of my favorite games of all time0
2. Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (4 Games in 1 with a remake of a legendary game, the legendary game itself, and arguably the Greatest Castlevania game of all time? Get at me!).
1. Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions.

1. Samurai Showdown Anthology
2. Killzone Liberation
3. Valkyria Chronicles 2

No Birth by Sleep!? :O

i only ever played these games on vita but they were available on psp so mine would be,
1 mgs peace walker
2 god of war ghost of sparta
3 god of war chains of olympus
4 ho

update in progress

Around the Network
jetforcejiminy said:

i remember there was something like this for atari games and ps3 exclusives awhile back. i'm a big fan of the psp to this day, even tho it wasn't as big of a success as sony would have liked (took almost a decade to do the numbers the gba did in five years). i'm also one of two people who liked the psp go, but then i also liked the game boy micro... so... what are your top 10 (or 5, or 3...) psp games?

mine are below:

10. gitaroo man lives

9. persona 3 portable

8. burnout legends

7. every extend extra

6. valkyria chronicles 2

5. patapon/patapon 2

4. wipeout pure

3. half-minute hero

2. tactics ogre

1. lumines/lumines 2 --> closest thing it had to gb tetris, i guess.

Lumines and Every extend extra, you get a vote for great handheld :) Really wish they would bring EEE onto the psnstore for the Vita, guessing there is music licensing issues there or something.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I can't stress enough that the PSP/PSP Go is the single greatest console ever!

Anyways my top list:

1. Crisis Core FFVII
2. MGS Peacewalker
3. Kingdom Hearts BBS
4. God of War Chains of Olympus
5. God of War Ghost of Sparta
6. DBZ Shin Budokai
7. Metal Slug Anthology
8. Resistance Retribution
9. SF Alpha 3 Max
10. Dissidia FF

V-r0cK said:

got one of those tucked in beside my 42" tv with 24gb of games/emulators on it, basically one of the best emulation devices that size and have it hooked up with a spare DS3 controller so yeah... amazingly useful piece of kit to have if any games collector can get their hands on one.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
V-r0cK said:

got one of those tucked in beside my 42" tv with 24gb of games/emulators on it, basically one of the best emulation devices that size and have it hooked up with a spare DS3 controller so yeah... amazingly useful piece of kit to have if any games collector can get their hands on one.

That's exactly how I use my PSP Go too!

Personally, I think the PSP Go is ahead of its time.  It's the all-in-one console, handheld & home.  Forget needing 2 devices ie. the PS4 & Vita cross platform when the PSP Go does them both!  I think with the way Nintendo's home console is heading, they should copy the PSP Go since Nintendo's handheld is very strong (plus I think alot of their games are redundant ie. Smash, Mario Kart, NSMB, 3D Mario on both home and handheld)

I dont want to make a list since most of what I would have said is already listed by others.
However, Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time is a criminally underrated SRPG on the system