By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My house suddenly smells like tuna

Tagged games:

Came out of nowhere, seems to be concentrated in the upstairs and get worse when the furnace runs (which makes sense, the upstairs is stuffy, the downstairs is drafty, so fresh air comes in). Roommate suggested dead animal in the vents, the internet warns of a possible electrical malfunction. I have a carbon monoxide alarm in my room, so i'm clear on that end.

Anyone know what else it could be?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

Thought this was a Spurge thread, I'm slightly disappointed.

I have no clue on what it could be though, sorry.

Yeah it sounds like it could be a burnt out plug or some sort of electrical malfunction as suggested. I'd probably get it checked out.

Leadified said:
Yeah it sounds like it could be a burnt out plug or some sort of electrical malfunction as suggested. I'd probably get it checked out.

I'll wait on it a day, see if it goes away on its own. It's not the first odd smell we've gotten, though usually if we get a smell, it's a vague scent of tobacco (our house directly adjoins that of our neighbor, who is a smoker).

And yes, in hindsight, it does sound exactly like a spurge thread, in title anyway.

Nope its an electrical outlet I found an article thing on it.

"We kept smelling a fishy smell and it turned out to be an electrical outlet that was melting inside the wall. The circuit was overloaded (we did not know that). It took the outlet smoking before we figured it out. Since then we smelled that fishy smell again and found another outlet to replace. We were lucky both times that we were home or our house could of burned down. I would take off the outlet covers in that area where you smell that fishy smell and inspect the wires inside."

Stay safe man

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network
toot1231 said:

Nope its an electrical outlet I found an article thing on it.

"We kept smelling a fishy smell and it turned out to be an electrical outlet that was melting inside the wall. The circuit was overloaded (we did not know that). It took the outlet smoking before we figured it out. Since then we smelled that fishy smell again and found another outlet to replace. We were lucky both times that we were home or our house could of burned down. I would take off the outlet covers in that area where you smell that fishy smell and inspect the wires inside."

Stay safe man

The smell's coming out of the vents, though.

I woke up with a stuffy nose this morning, so i couldn't tell if it had improved or not.

ahum.. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130526184801AAujdUe

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
ahum.. https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130526184801AAujdUe

So there's an infected woman living in my vent?

Eh, i'll take it

Could it be tuna?

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’