By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Quick first use PS4 impressions

Tagged games:

First off, add me at Cpt_RonCodpiece if you'd like. I'm probably only playing Last of Us HD and maybe Secret Panchos until Christmas, trying to keep this a secret from my son.

User Interface - I like how quick it is, seems on par with the Xbox One. I don't like how uh.. social media-ey some of the screens and designs are, nor how whatever you put as your real name gets plastered everywhere instead of your PSN ID. But the main thing, so much fast. A ginormous leap over PS3 in this regard, where simply loading a message while in a game could bog you down for 4 minutes.

Store - Also much better than on PS3. Haven't used it enough to compare deeper versus Xbox One. I do hate the search design, just give me a search bar and let me type. I don't need letter wheels. Also, download speeds seem significantly improved over PS3.

Controller - meh. Still not a fan of the DS design. In LoU the analog placement makes it pretty impossible to switch weapons while sprinting unless it's in a straight line. Will give it more time though.

Online play - LoU seems populated enough. I am devastated by the voice quality though. It seems anyone with a $5 mic can still ruin voice chat on PSN.

First thing I did was install that 20th anniversary theme. Goosebumps listening to that startup! Idk if there will ever be a theme that makes me change it.

Around the Network

*sigh* What happened to embedding again?

Just a video of the Goosebumps theme tune: http://youtu.be/Kx10MYrh4MY

Wait, you got a 20th anniversary? (is the theme exclusive to that version of the PS4)

Anyways, congrats. I recommend GTAV, Infamous SS, Transistor and LBP3.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Resogun my friend, Resogun. Just do it. I like it more than the 1 except for the media and menus. X1 menus and tv integration are f'in awesome, but everything related to gaming I have used PS4 for way more and enjoyed it more. (aside from a few exclusives KI, DR3, Sunset Overdrive which I love all 3 of)  Load times and graphics are noticeably better on PS4, IMO.

/EDIT...OH yeah the web browser on PS4 is HORRIBLE.  Fair warning.  It is sub par to the ps3 and 1 / 360 broswer as of now in every way.

Areym said:
Wait, you got a 20th anniversary? (is the theme exclusive to that version of the PS4)

anyone can download the theme from PSN, and congratz Ludicrousspeed for the new PS4 i think you will get used with the DS4 sooner or later.

Around the Network

Gratz

Areym said:

No I got a deal on the Black Friday GTA V bundle that was too good to pass up. It also has LoU, which was one of my favorite MP games of last gen. Been playing it for like 3 or 4 hours today, just as good as I remember.

The main reason I bought it is because all of my sons friends have PS4's and he wants to play with them. So he has been begging for one and GTA V. So I will take out the GTA V game from the bundle and wrap the game up and let him open it and then surprise mothafucka we have a PS4.

The theme is available to everyone.

Congrats on your purchase. PS4 is getting better and better. But I didn't understand the problem in TloU relative to the DS analog sticks. How is the analog being placed like in the XBox controller better to change weapons?

PS1 start up gives me goosebumps everytime. i love it

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

cutzman25 said:
PS1 start up gives me goosebumps everytime. i love it

Now that, sir, is a random funny sig right there.