By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Spurgeonryan now my second favorite poster on the site

Tagged games:

Mega poster Spurgeonryan was recently elevated to second place on my list of favorite VGChartz users. While Spurge, as he is commonly referred to by his peers, has always maintained a consistently high ranking on this list this marks the first time he cracks the top 2. The rise of Spurge has myself tumbling all the way down to 3rd place, my personal lowest ranking ever. 

I have always been a fan of Spurgeonryan's wild delivery and unfiltered sharing of his oft times unconventional thinking process, so it might come as a surprise to some that his recent jump in the rankings is due to his increased output of clearly laid out posts that are easy to follow and that presents points that from time to time makes perfect sense. That is not to say I wish for Spurgeonryan to morph himself into just another run of the mill link posting machine. Heavens no! But I find his contributions even more enjoyable when the spurgesque posts are interspaced with more conventional material. I guess it makes the highlights even brighter.

In closing, I would like to add that while it is unlikely that Spurgeonryan will ever be my favorite poster, a continued stream of tidbits interspaced with unimaginable antics and a slew of polls all while he continous to hone his delicately pointed sense of humor will probably see him hold on to second place for the foreseeable future.

Around the Network

Fixed, though the OP was moderated for initially putting this in announcements.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

My sarcasm detector is completely broken, I have no idea if this is legit or not.

Barkley said:
My sarcasm detector is completely broken, I have no idea if this is legit or not.

Your sarcasm detector is working just fine, it's just not registering here since there is no trace of sarcasm in my post. It's legitematly how I feel though worded slightyl humerously.

Good to hear that my first place isn't in danger.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Hooray.. Now Spurgey will sleep well at night knowing this!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Did he pay you for making this thread?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Did he pay you for making this thread?

That is ridicolous. It is simply my heartfelt opinion, but it did make more sense when it was in the announcement thread

The Spurgeonryan is an acquired taste. Maybe more will come to appreciate his dynamic nature.

He's my second favourite too, after richardhutnik