By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How much would you rate ET (Atari 2600)?

Tagged games:

What I am asking of you:

-Play the game and rate it (no random WORST GEIM EVAR bias) 

-Consider the time and condition this game was made in.

So.. What is your rating (I'm guessing half of you give it a 1/10)

I would give it a 6.9/10 

+plus

+plus

-dem holes 2 big

-Too much water... *gets killed*

Around the Network

I would give it a Scat/10

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ET was definitely at the bottom of the barrel when it came to 2600 games no matter how you slice it. I own the game and despite playing it for hours as a youngster (mainly just sprinting around the screens evading the FBI and scientist guys until ET ran out of health), even then I knew it was a crap game.

I'd give it a 3/10, and that's being generous.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

It's not that terrible, I mean it's no where near being a good game but it's not anywhere close to being the worst game ever. I think the problem is the game is horribly cryptic, the holes can be rather buggy causing you sometimes to fall right back into a pit just as you got out but overall I think the game is boring.

Given the timespan the game was programmed in, it's rather impressive and probably if it didn't have the infamy it has today then it would just be another bad game. Overall a 4/10.

11/10 no water obligatory joke

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network

I never played it and I was at the right age when it came out. Hopefully the people that rate it have tried it before giving their score. I'm sure it sucks, tho! Anyway, didn't the devs have like a week or something to make it? All things considered, I guess it could have been worse.

d21lewis said:
I never played it and I was at the right age when it came out. Hopefully the people that rate it have tried it before giving their score. I'm sure it sucks, tho! Anyway, didn't the devs have like a week or something to make it? All things considered, I guess it could have been worse.

I think it was something along the lines of 6 weeks or so, designed by the same guy who made Yars' Revenge. Howard Warshaw. It really could have been a lot worse and honestly I always thought the port of Pac-Man was far worse, oddly enough I think that the power pellet sound in the 2600 port is very similar to the sound ET makes while running.

Leadified said:
d21lewis said:

I think it was something along the lines of 6 weeks or so, designed by the same guy who made Yars' Revenge. Howard Warshaw. It really could have been a lot worse and honestly I always thought the port of Pac-Man was far worse, oddly enough I think that the power pellet sound in the 2600 port is very similar to the sound ET makes while running.

5 weeks to be precise. And i also think Pac-Man was worse. Atleast ET was an original game and not a port (i think) lol.

0.5/10. Honesty, Atari was so arrogant in making that game programmed in only 6 weeks.

I still have my copy of the game sitting around somewhere. It deserved to be buried in that new mexico landfill.