By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Littlebigplanet 3 flops badly in the US

Tagged games:

If VGChartz is to be believed then LBP 2 sold 226k in the US in its FW in 2011, compared to LBP 3 which sold just 66k this week. That drop is insane...LBP 3 sold just 29% of what LBP 2 did in its FW in the US. Anyway, worldwide figures will be out soon which will give us a better view. But is there gonna be a LBP 4? Is it perhaps undertracked?

Around the Network

I think Sony goofed up by having Sumo Digital develop the game, personally. It's just not as good as the others.

That being said, I hope there is a fourth.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

wow that seems low for this game. Its a very kid friendly game, so it might be under quite a few christmas trees this year though.

Maybe VGC is playing it safe after over tracking driveclub in the US by about 150k at least, still no update on those sales tho.

Also worth noting is that LBP 2 launched in late January compared to this one which was launched in the prime sales season.

Around the Network

Franchise on the decline? Well, I don't mind that. Though I would prefer a certain anual reshash to be almost dead, and not this creative IP with Sackboy still looking ugly in my eyes.

Good platformer though, I think.

Yea.. very shocking numbers from this game..

Now all the hopes lies on the bundles.

Praise the One.

VanceIX said:
I think Sony goofed up by having Sumo Digital develop the game, personally. It's just not as good as the others.

That being said, I hope there is a fourth.

how far have you gotten in the story?

LBP PSP and Karting may have hurt the series a bit. That being said, the LBP series is known for its legs and Is to be bundled with the PS4 for the Holiday season so that will help it.

...uhh...ill just put my favorite quote of all time here.

"Welcome to Pain, the second of three...You have dealt the first...now deal with me!!"

I would say it is the biggest LBP success ever, i really don't have any numbers to prove that but I'm as right as you are.
So really wait for official from Sony or NDp before making claims.