By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best looking Wii U game to date?

Tagged games:

?

Art of Balance 7 1.75%

Mario 3D World 72 18.00%

Mario Kart 8 243 60.75%

Trine 2: Director's Cut 13 3.25%

Other (Please specify) 65 16.25%

Total:400

Now that it's two years into Wii U's life, which game to do think is the best looking on the system, and why?

Around the Network

It's between Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta. I might go with Pikmin 3 just because it's more pleasing to the eye overall, even though there are still some rough Wii version textures going on.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

based on the game i have , i would have to say mario kart 8 .

Definitely Mario Kart 8, followed closely by Smash Wii U!

Super Mario 3D World, it's a rock running at 60 FPS, unlike our friend Mario Kart 8 that drops to 59. 3D World is closer to technical and visual perfection.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Mario Kart 8

Mario Kart 8. But I've liked the graphics of all the games I've played so far.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

DerpSandwich said:
It's between Pikmin 3 and Bayonetta. I might go with Pikmin 3 just because it's more pleasing to the eye overall, even though there are still some rough Wii version textures going on.

I was very close to including those in the poll, but they just barely missed out through not being quite as consistent as the ones I listed. VGChartz limits poll options, otherwise I would have included maybe a dozen games. I figured if I was going to cut one game it wouldn't be fair to let another with the same criteria get in.

I am well aware there are plenty of good looking games I missed out, hence "other (please specify)" ;)

MK8, without a doubt!

Bonus: Best Music, Smash Bros U!

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

For me it's either Trine 2 Director's Cut or Art of Balance. Both are absolutely breathtaking, with gorgeous art styles and the technical chops to back it up.