By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - New Mod Applications (Deadline Reached, Application Process Over)

Tagged games:

VGChartz, it's that time again!

If you haven't heard, there's been a few changes over the past week. One is the fact that Kantor has stepped down from being Head Mod (although he is thankfully still with us!) and I have taken up the title. I've also chosen TruckOSaurus on being the Deputy Head Mod (He's just that awesome, so please congratulate him as much as you possibly can!).

So as one of my first actions as Head Mod, it seemed pretty clear that the team is ready to take on new members who have the desire to make VGChartz the best community it can be. If you feel you would make a great addition to the team, feel free to fill out this application and PM it to me (Smeags). The mod team will then look over the applications and we will decide which users we feel are most qualified to join the team. Don't feel discouraged if you do not get promoted. Also keep in mind that if you sent it a previous application during a former application event, please resend it. We want a fresh look at what you can bring to the team.

1. Username and Real Name?

2. Age?

3. Country?

4. What Gaming Systems do you own?

5. What is your console preference? Why?

6. How much time do you generally spend on VGChartz throughout a week? And in what sort of discussions do you participate in?

7. Do you have any relevant experience that would help you out on the mod team? If so, tell us about it!

8. Why are you interested in becoming a mod?

9. Which moderator, past or present, do you feel represents your moderation style? (Saying Smeags does not automatically get you points :P)

10. How would you describe the way you feel about the current moderation system? In what ways do you think it can be improved?

11. In what ways do you feel you could contribute to the team (whether it be availability, time, effort, community building, etc.), whether it be on the site or in mod chat?

-

Good luck everyone! ^_^

Deadline: November 23 (Sunday)

Around the Network

Finally,there is a way to express my love to coney :)!!!!!!!!

cool I am not responsible to be a mod though

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

So pumped I'm gonna apply again

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Good luck to the applicants!

@mods My advice to you is prioritize forum activity as one of your key qualifactions. Obviously temperament and mod history is important too, but make sure you are promoting active members of the forum.

Thats my two cents anyway...

Around the Network

loooooooooooooooooool....i hope to not see some specific members as moderators,because i will leave vgc before permabanning me...!!!!

gergroy said:

@mods My advice to you is prioritize forum activity as one of your key qualifactions. Obviously temperament and mod history is important too, but make sure you are promoting active members of the forum.

This. Too many mods have been too inactive in recent months

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ka-pi96 said:
gergroy said:

I really think you should apply gergroy

Nah, not active enough, but you got it in the bag kapi

Hmm, i feel a comedy application coming on.

I really wanted to be a VGC mod. But recently I have been admin of two facebook gaming groups. My facebook is full of notifications. I dont want to ruin my VGC experience. Good luck whomever gets selected.