By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Bungie going to become a new publisher ?

Tagged games:

Is Bungie going to be a publisher in the future ?

Yes 2 8.70%

No 17 73.91%

See Results ... 4 17.39%

Total:23

These guys are probably the biggest independent developers of the industry and with the success of Destiny I expect the company to grow bigger than ever before. The 10 year publishing deal made with Activison was also a good idea since any IP that gets funded will belong to Bungie. There's a massive fanbase for Bungie and by the end of the publishing deal I expect them to have at least 3 big IPs with a lot of money left over to publish other games. In the next several years I can see EA making a deal with Bungie and Bungie acquiring more developers from defunct studios too. There's a lot of potential for Bungie to become the next big publisher ...

What do you guys think ? 

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
eh? You can see them making a deal with EA? But wouldn't EA be their publisher then?

I don't really see it happening, certainly not anytime soon anyways. They've got that 10 year deal for starters so at the very least it won't be until that is pretty much over. But there is a lot of work involved with publishing and I just don't think they'd go into it. Maybe if in the future the vast majority of sales were digital they would self publish digitally only though.

I actually can see them making a deal with EA along with maybe Ubisoft ... 

Bungie are big developers so there's alot of publishers willing to fund them with a good track record like that. There is a lot of work involved in publishing but I think Bungie will get much bigger than they are now. 

I don't think so. The next Destiny probably won't sell that well cause sales will be hurt by the negative reception of the first game. And they also make games way too slowly. They've been working on Destiny for so many years.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
I don't think so. The next Destiny probably won't sell that well cause sales will be hurt by the negative reception of the first game. And they also make games way too slowly. They've been working on Destiny for so many years.

How exactly is reviewers giving Destiny 7/10 supposed to be equate negative reception ? Sure it wasn't the masterpiece that some people were expecting but it is a good game ...

Bungie does seem to be on the slow side but Destiny is a pretty big IP to develop.

fatslob-:O said:
MoHasanie said:

How exactly is reviewers giving Destiny 7/10 supposed to be equate negative reception ? Sure it wasn't the masterpiece that some people were expecting but it is a good game ...

Bungie does seem to be on the slow side but Destiny is a pretty big IP to develop.

Well its not a bad game but still quite average. People don't come back and pay$60 for an average game unless there are huge improvements. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:

Even the lowest rated Borderlands game is better than Destiny.  Has a better loot, better story, better characters, better levels...

They have a contract with activision for 10 years. No, it doesnt seem to be the case. At least for the forseable future.

TurboElder said:

Even the lowest rated Borderlands game is better than Destiny.  Has a better loot, better story, better characters, better levels...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/destiny

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/borderlands-the-pre-sequel

Actually the lowest rated Borderlands game matches Destiny ...

Gearbox can't do anything but rehash their only good franchise, Borderlands compared to Bungie having enough courage to make their own IPs ... 

MoHasanie said:

Well its not a bad game but still quite average. People don't come back and pay$60 for an average game unless there are huge improvements. 

So Destiny is average ? Funny how the sales say differently ...

TurboElder said:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/destiny

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/borderlands-the-pre-sequel

Actually the lowest rated Borderlands game matches Destiny ...

Gearbox can't do anything but rehash their only good franchise, Borderlands compared to Bungie having enough courage to make their own IPs ... 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-vita/borderlands-2

I think you'll find the lowest rated borderlands gets rogered down the barrel of it's zillion guns by destiny.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive