By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why did PS3 owners accept lazy ports?

Tagged games:

Many ports such as Bayonetta were lazy ports. Why did PS3 owners still buy them? Look at Wii U owners. They knew their systems could do more, and boycotted lazy ports. Not PS3 owners. There were lazy ports of games that actually outsold the usually superior Xbox 360 games. Why didn't PS3 owners boycott lazy ports like Wii U owners.

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network

Wii U owners boycotted lazy ports and now they have practically no support from third parties

celador said:
Wii U owners boycotted lazy ports and now they have practically no support from third parties

=P

Well you win.

Him what do you mean? What choice did ps3 gamers have. Was either accept it or not play the games.

i never accepted them... i never played bayonetta for that reason, i will play it the day i get a Wii U.

Around the Network

Two reasons:
1. We were aware of ps3 complex architecture.
2. We knew that ports would get better over time as long as developer see potential on the platform.

I never bought bayonetta though, not because it was a lazy port but because the game never got my attention, otherwise, I would have bought it.

I spent most of my time on my PS3 playing exclusives and "later" releases that weren't just lazy ports (BioShock, Mass Effect 2). When I saw that a game was noticeably better on the 360 I bought and played it there.

That said, if I wasn't a multi-console type, I would've played whatever games looked interesting to me on the PS3 despite the port being lazy because I like games and want to play them.

Neodegenerate said:
I spent most of my time on my PS3 playing exclusives and "later" releases that weren't just lazy ports (BioShock, Mass Effect 2). When I saw that a game was noticeably better on the 360 I bought and played it there.

That said, if I wasn't a multi-console type, I would've played whatever games looked interesting to me on the PS3 despite the port being lazy because I like games and want to play them.

Same here, but thats just because the exclusives were so damn good. Japanese 3rd party support made it such a great console.

If a bad port is still an awesome game, like Skyrim, I'll play it. You know why? Because it's still fun.

If you think it's more fun to childlishly try to achieve anything by "boycotting" any games, go ahead.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Well I never bought Bayonetta but I think I tried a demo I think and didn't like it.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers