By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games on WiiU look like HD remakes.

Tagged games:

Wii games on WiiU ?

They look great. 60 62.50%

They look like crap. 16 16.67%

I donĀ“t care. 20 20.83%

Total:96

So I have been playing some Wii games on my adorable WiiU, namely Wii Sports Resort and Mario Striker Charged, both great games, specially the later.

These games look amazing on WiiU, not murky or weird like PS2 or Wii games look, but like HD remakes of low level quality, like Devil May Cry HD or something like that.

And how gorgeous Mario Strikers Charges look on WiiU?

It looks stunning, really cool game and it feels like the WiiU is the place to play it.

I wish Wii games were more easy to find here in Brazil, for good prices that is, if all Wii games look this good on WiiU, this alone justifies one owning the console.

So, which Wii games did you guys play on the WiiU?

How awesome does it look?

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

I thought they looked identical to the original Wii?
There hasn't been any word on any HD rendering to make it look all that better...

It really depends whether you were using composite or component cables last gen, I think. I haven't noticed too big a difference myself...but then again the tv I'm playing them on is larger.

The composite cables that come with the Wii are limited to 480i. However, the Wii is capable of 480p. So you can max out the Wii's potential by either using component cables in your Wii, or using your Wii U (which uses HDMI by default).

NNID: garretslarrity

Steam: garretslarrity

Noticed the same with Mario Galaxy!
Looks a lot better than playing on the Wii.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

Around the Network

Im currently playing Mario galaxy 2 on my Wii U, what a lovely looking game.

zippy said:
Im currently playing Mario galaxy 2 on my Wii U, what a lovely looking game.

I am searching for any of the Gallaxy or Zelda games on stores to play on my WiiU, I bet they will look and play awesome.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I used Component Cables in my Wii, Playing the games in the Wii U I just noticied different color pallete, but no big improves... The small gain is only due to HDMI.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

I still want HD Super Mario Galaxy.
Then I might get a Wii U.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Anyone seeing improvements with Wii games on the Wii U was either using an awful connection when playing on the Wii or are seeing slight benefits over HDMI than they were with older connections on the Wii. The WiiU does nothing to Wii games apart from play them. A Wii with a decent component cable at 480p looks identical to a Wii U outputting the same games.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M