By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Watch dogs wii u sells well?

Tagged games:

Will Ubisoft give the wii U another chance?

Yes 13 10.83%

No 73 60.83%

Maybe 29 24.17%

See results 4 3.33%

Total:119

If Watch Dogs on the Wii U sells well do you think that ubisoft might give the Wii U another chance? I don't think it's gonna sell well because it comes out so closely to super smash brosh for the Wii U

Consoles owned: Wii U wii gamecube DS DS lite DSi 3DS Xbox 360 Gameboy Gameboy color Gameboy advance Gameboy Advance sp Gameboy micro and PC. 

Around the Network

Well if it does, (which I'm 90% it won't) Then that could help a little bit the relationship with ONLY Ubisoft. Nintendo has really dug it's own grave when it come to third party support.

what is sell well?
300k?

Even if it sold a million+ copies, which it likely will not, I don't believe at this point that Ubisoft will improve their support. I think, honestly, that they'd made it company policy to give up on Wii U, even though they're costing themselves money sitting on an already finished title that they simply won't release.

And honestly, at this point, they are just the same as Activision, EA, etc. Just in it to regurgitate yearly installments, franchises they can milk the fuck out of and make as much $$$$ as possible by. And yet, people continue to buy that shit up by the millions each year. Our industry is in a sad state indeed.

Thank god for indie games.

mcronesixteen said:

If Watch Dogs on the Wii U sells well do you think that ubisoft might give the Wii U another chance? I don't think it's gonna sell well because it comes out so closely to super smash brosh for the Wii U

Well if it does....

(1) Nintendo wont care because it is not exclusive

(2) Ubisoft may have a chance to make money on a Nintendo platform like Level 5 and Capcom

Unfortunately the game will bomb because Ubisoft screwed up, so they will have to profit from non-Nintendo platforms.

Around the Network

I'm pretty sure Ubisoft has made up its mind and won't change it.

Besides, between the delay and the deflation of the game's hype, there's about as much chance of Watch Dogs Wii U selling well as the Vita catching up to the 3DS.

I honestly can't imagine a single Ubisoft "mature" franchise that I care about seeing on the Wii U, so it selling well would have no impact on me at all.

DevilRising said:
Even if it sold a million+ copies, which it likely will not, I don't believe at this point that Ubisoft will improve their support. I think, honestly, that they'd made it company policy to give up on Wii U, even though they're costing themselves money sitting on an already finished title that they simply won't release.

And honestly, at this point, they are just the same as Activision, EA, etc. Just in it to regurgitate yearly installments, franchises they can milk the fuck out of and make as much $$$$ as possible by. And yet, people continue to buy that shit up by the millions each year. Our industry is in a sad state indeed.

Thank god for indie games.

I get that game franchises do feel overdone as they become yearly installments but I still love Assassin's Creed so I don't really mind it.

How well? If it sells like 500k I guess Ubi would be happy.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

I think no they said they are happy with Assasin's creed Liberation sale then they didn't support Vita more

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m