By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Smash 3DS is great!! But...

Tagged games:

I still feel they're little things missing in order for it to be a CLASSIC! This is referring to the Wii U version as well.

I really miss some of the old Retro stages from the old Smashes (N64 Dreamland, Pokémon Falls, Fourside, Mushroom Kingdom II or Subcon, all from Melee).

Also the character selection, don't get me wrong its great, but I feel they should definitely add just a few more from past Smashes as well (Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Star Wolf, and Snake come to mind).

Also I hear people want Story Mode again (which in god's name don't understand WHY!). I think this mode is what turned me away from Brawl. To each their own, I guess.

And finally the online mode. There needs to be an option to control the time limits, stocks, and items. I still don't understand why Nintendo can't do something about the Online mode being more user friendly and players having more control over it. This also turned me away from Brawl, BIG TIME! Why does Nintendo have to control how long I can fight with random players, choose the stage for us, and decide whether or not I want to Smash with items and STILL want it to count or not?

Hopefully, they will add many of these features in DLC or Patch.

Thoughts or your own ways to make Smash more memorable?

Around the Network

Agreed.

The game causes carpal tunnel as well :(

I need Adventure mode!!! Smash Run aint adventure mode!!!

Maybe Adventure mode is exclusive to the wiiU verison

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I really hope so, I loved athe subspace emissary in Brawl :(

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Snake? Snake? Snake?!?!?!?!?

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

Around the Network
VanceIX said:

Yea! The amount of corners they had to cut for the 3ds version is nuts! Like, the game is great but its like, if they put all the effort into the wiiU version, how much better would it have turned out I wonder?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

VanceIX said:

Yea! The amount of corners they had to cut for the 3ds version is nuts! Like, the game is great but its like, if they put all the effort into the wiiU version, how much better would it have turned out I wonder?

The system even resets itself when you go back to home menu after you stop playing it. Only 3DS game I seen do this.

I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

And finally the online mode. There needs to be an option to control the time limits, stocks, and items. I still don't understand why Nintendo can't do something about the Online mode being more user friendly and players having more control over it. This also turned me away from Brawl, BIG TIME! Why does Nintendo have to control how long I can fight with random players, choose the stage for us, and decide whether or not I want to Smash with items and STILL want it to count or not?

So how would it work with four different people picking drastically different rulesets being grouped together? Which ruleset would be chosen? Which items would be turned on?

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Snake? Snake? Snake?!?!?!?!?

What Pac-man doesn't do it for you?

I am like 80% sure Snake will be added via DLC though...

the_dengle said:
I3LuEI3omI3eR said:

So how would it work with four different people picking drastically different rulesets being grouped together? Which ruleset would be chosen? Which items would be turned on?

Like they do in CoD, one person creates a room, and others join in. Granted maybe have SOME limitations and structure (Like no match can be over 10 mins and such, again like in CoD) and stock matches can only have a 10 stock limit. But pretty much everything is better than the 2 mins you can play with non-friends...