By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Minecraft coming to Wii U?

Tagged games:

Now that the studio heads of Mojang are out of the picture do you think Microsoft would actually publish a Wii U or 3DS version of Minecraft? I'm sure they want it on every platform available. Even Ouya!

Around the Network

Highly Doubt it. If anything, they would want it less now since wiiU is probably a competitor in their eyes (even though I do think its not)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Highly Doubt it. If anything, they would want it less now since wiiU is probably a competitor in their eyes (even though I do think its not)

So is iPhone, PS4, PS3 and PSVita

I can't believe I didn't think about this lol. Actually, I think we may have a shot now. At least with the first game. The sequel is going to be Xbox exclusive imo.

jlmurph2 said:

Yea but its already made for those and many people bought it so taking the game away from people that already purchased it will result in extremely bad press. Granted the vita version is coming but MS doesn't compete in the handheld space at all.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yes. Now that Microsoft owns Minecraft, surely their first order of business will be to expand the number of non-Microsoft platforms on which it is available.

the_dengle said:
Yes. Now that Microsoft owns Minecraft, surely their first order of business will be to expand the number of non-Microsoft platforms on which it is available.

It doesn't seem like Microsoft is trying to be stingy with Minecraft. Here Phil even says that their goal is to evolve and innovate with Minecraft across all the platforms its on. Not just Xbox.

Yeah as much as I want it to, any chance we had of a 3DS and Wii U version is now dead.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

jlmurph2 said:

Yea but its already made for those and many people bought it so taking the game away from people that already purchased it will result in extremely bad press. Granted the vita version is coming but MS doesn't compete in the handheld space at all.

Post above ^ I just think this is more about money from Minecraft as a name and property rather than just Xbox money. But maybe that's just me.

I'm sure Minecraft would have a sizable audience on Wii U and 3DS.