By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got Theatrhythm FF Curtain Call early!

Tagged games:

So, I was pleasantly surprised getting my collector's edition in Saturday afternoon and I've been been splitting time playing it and Destiny. After spending a couple hours on it, I wanted to get some discussion going on it. It's an incredible amount of fun and I highly recommend it to any fans of the previous game, FF fans, and rhythm game fans (in that order).

What stands out most about it is the sheer amount of content. There's over 200 songs and a bunch of different modes, difficulties, party members (who actually effect your score and gameplay). I'm enjoying being able to mix and match my team while very steadily unlocking new content. Has anyone gotten it early or you waiting for the normal release?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

You know me. I'm cheap so I want to wait for a price drop. I've also got other games I still haven't started playing.  I'm interested in the game though and I might even get it before a price drop, but right now I'm going to try and wait. 

I want it so bad.

Considering how accesible the game is, I wonder if I should go digital on this one, so it's always on my 3DS when I want to play it.

Wright said:

I want it so bad.

Considering how accesible the game is, I wonder if I should go digital on this one, so it's always on my 3DS when I want to play it.

Do it! It even has a versus mode where you can play against the CPU and other people. Haven't got a chance to try it out though.

outlawauron said:

Do it! It even has a versus mode where you can play against the CPU and other people. Haven't got a chance to try it out though.

But physical version is so tempting... xD

Around the Network

I'm waiting for the official release. Loved the first one, can't wait to get my mitts on this one!

Okay. You sold me.

noname2200 said:
I'm waiting for the official release. Loved the first one, can't wait to get my mitts on this one!

Yep. The original was my favorite 3DS title and this'll surely take that top spot. Square has done quite well with their fanservice lately.

Bristow9091 said:
I'm planning on buying it around Christmas time, the first game is maybe my favourite 3DS game so far, spent so much time on it!

Question: How many songs per game is there by default? Since the original had three songs per game if I remember correctly, I'll admit I've not played for a while now, lol.

Also Final Fantasy related, I'm going in for my first session of my Final Fantasy X sleeve (Full left arm!) on Thursday, woo!

It varies from title to title. I noticed that FF9 and 10 both have more than 10 songs, but Type 0 and Crisis Core only have about 5-6.

So how many Chaos Shrine songs are in play now? I know they use more than the 20 in the original, but are all 200 songs included or is it still just a few of those?