Tagged games:

My answer is....

Xenogears 61 27.35%

Xenosaga 26 11.66%

Xenoblade Cheonicles 136 60.99%

Total:223

Which had the best setting? 

Which had their best characters? 

Which had then more likeable characters? 

Which had best battle system? 

Which had their best environment? 

Which had the best OST? 

Which was the best overall? 

Around the Network

I just finished Xenogears. The first disc was wonderful but the second was depressing as hell. It still was a good game though. It just changed me when people were eating processed people. That made me sick. The music of Xenogears is the best, hands down.

Xenogears and Xenosaga 1-3 are overall eqal to me. That's all i can say, sorry.

Xenogears all the way.

I don't like those other prequels.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Xenoblade is my answer to every question since I didn't play Xenogears and the Xenosaga games!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Xenoblade in every catagory.

Best Setting: how about two lands that are made of Gods!

Best Characters: I liked the personality and designs of Shulk > Fei Wong, Fiora especially mechon Fiora >>>>>>>>>> Elhaym,

Riki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chu Chu, Dunban > Citan, Reyn > Bart, Sharla > Emeralda...

Actually, if you want to know, I like the characters near the same and could see people favoriing either, but Fiora and Riki should put people over the top for Xenoblade. They were AWESOME!!!

More likable characters: Blade

Best battle system: Blade, Gears had a nice combo input design, though there were so few that the battles became very repetative. You'll use triangle, triangle, square 90% of the game for the rarely dodged special attack. While in a Gear you'll use X to charge a combo point, then triangle, square. Rinse, repeat.

Which had their best environment: C'mon, Blade easily.

Which had the best OST: Tie 

Best Overall: Xenoblade 

If you're wondering why I didn't compare Xenosaga, it's because that game is a badly paced mess with terrible character designs. In my opinion of course.

AZWification said:

Xenoblade is my answer to every question since I didn't play Xenogears and the Xenosaga games!

Xenogears and Xenosaga are more connected to each other then Xenoblade is.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
AZWification said:

Xenogears and Xenosaga are more connected to each other then Xenoblade is.

Gears is good, Sagas..... Didn't really like them until 3, and still not my favorite game.

Xenogears was cool but the battles where kinda boring... Xenosaga just sucks.

So my pick is Xenoblade!

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

I haven't played Xenoblade, but between Xenogears and Xenosaga, the answer is easy. Xenogears.

Xenosaga 1 had a great story and while it had a linear world, the overall environments in the game are well done. The combat in the game is just flat out awful.

Xenosaga 2 had better graphics than the first, but a worse storyline that could be skipped overall. It mainly tells about Jr, Albedo, and Nigredo's past, but you can easily pick up all that on the third one without even playing the second. The combat to the second one is better than the first, but you will be doing one strategy and one strategy alone. Stocking. Each character can hold three stock charges and you'll max out every characters stock, then go all out with a long combo. You won't get anywhere if you don't, even on random enemies who have HP levels that require this tactic, and not just bosses. Certain characters do more damage to an enemy when they're up in the air, some do more damage when the enemy is knocked down on the ground, so you'll basically figure out a combo set up that will allow you to take high amounts of damage and repeat it endlessly.

Xenosaga 3 is the only game in the series that actually has equally good story and gameplay. The story may or may not be as good as the first one but it's good and it's definitely better than the second. One thing I don't like about the storyline is that the camera angle never changes in a lot of the scenes and the characters are just standing their static speaking their lines. This happens in long scenes, short scenes, etc. As someone mentioned before in another thread it was probably budget and they didn't have the time to do that, but it really did effect the presentation. There are a lot of scenes that have cinematic camera angles and characters expressions change, so it's not all of the game, but a decent amount of parts.

The combat to Xenosaga 3 is actually better than Xenogears combat. In Xenogears, you pretty much just use your best combo over and over unless it's an elemental combo then you have to hit the enemy with an element that doesn't cure them. On Xenosaga 3, you've got your basic attacks and break attacks. The game actually gives you two paths to level up each character and while you can get all of the skills after a lot of grinding, you'll probably only have one path and a very small amount of another path end game. Xenosaga 3 can be played normally without break techniques for any character, but if you have some characters go on break paths, then you'll be able to kill enemies a little bit quicker because you'll take more damage when breaking them.

Xenogears storyline, music, and world make up for its gameplay not even bad, more like okay gameplay. Even though you do just the most powerful attack per character, gameplay really doesn't get boring because battles are quick, except bosses. Mechs play in a different way and it's pretty much booster, attack, then use charge attacks.In Xenogears world, there's a lot of exploration, and it's not just simple roaming around halways and such, the game's world is a mixture of platforming and JRPG exploration.  Some people bash the platforming of the game, I like it though.