By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Wii U owner here......(WEPL)

Tagged games:

Hehehehe Nintendomination? 

(sorry for blurry I was hype before I unboxed it. )

First Impressions:

The gamepad is extremely light!!! I like how it is actually comfortable. I don't understand the people that don't like it.  I could not get a Pro Controller because neither GAME or Argos had any. Damn you lol! I'm not a fan of the mii's but I understand how it fits with the whole Miiverse thing. I was also surprised how quickly my Mii's from the 3DS transferred over.

The eShop is great however it has barely any Wii U games (not VC) compared to the 3DS eshop library....so hence I was a bit disappointed about that. However it's a great service even if again, not as many demo's available as the 3DS demo section. I must say........watching this trailer is just MEGA AWESOME in 60fps on my TV. It's just spectacular. Normal Youtube on PC does not match it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0phuu6KkTMM&index=11&list=WL

Games:

SO yeah, I have MK8. So far I did not unlock anything and I don't plan to purchase the DLC for a while. It looks GORGOUES!!! ( I guess most of you already know that.)

Please do not recommend me anything because I know what I will get and what I don't want at all.  I will get these:

• Bayonetta 1 + 2
  • Pikmin 3.
  • Starfox 2015
  • Zelda 2015
  • Smash U(?) - Not sure if this year, actually.

What about the rest? I don't know....I don't but many games and I have a very bussy school year to look forward to. What you can do is recommend me some eShop games that are not VC!!!!! I only know that I will get Swords & Solders 2. I also downloaded everything free (yes, even that tank game) and tried most of the demo's. Rayman Legends in particular plays awesomely. My parents and roommate really want to try it but my mum wants Karaoke U    XD - I got a free 7 day trial..... 

Around the Network

Nano Assault Neo. A quite difficult but fun twin-stick shooter.
Trine 2: Director's Cut. A fun and beautiful physics platformer with some RPG elements.
Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails. a 2D top down shooter.

Everyone hates the GamePad. Then they actually use it and learn it's not nearly as bad or uncomfortable as the Internet makes it sound. Then when they go back to a console without the GamePad, they miss it.

Get Xenoblade X when it comes out!

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

You said don't recommend anything but, im going to anyways

GET MARIO 3D WORLD!!! its amazing

and the reason you cannot find a pro controller is another addition added to my speculation thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=189534&page=1#

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

Also, you kind of contradicted yourself, OP. You said don't recommend anything, but recommend eShop games that aren't VC. That means 90 percent of all retail games. Either explain yourself better or throw in the word "indy" somewhere. So assuming you mean indy games:

-Shovel Knight
-Unepic
-Steamworld Dig

Get Armillo and EDGE they're not as good as 3D World but a modern Nintendo console without a 3D platformer of some form is criminal. Child of Light and Shovel Knight also have rave reviews. Keep an eye on Mighty No. 9 - also the NES remix games are supposedly great fun.

Congrats! I actually think the gamepad is a little heavy.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Once you get Xenoblade 3D(since I know you will) You will want to get Xenoblade X.

Thank you all for the recommendations!!! I did enjoy Nano demo actually, so I may get that!

And yeah I have no idea what internet people complain about when it comes to the Gamepad.