By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do NoA hate collectors?

Tagged games:

So, Japan and Europe gets a Hyrule Warriors limited edition with a zelda scarf. Europe gets only the scarf as far as I know and Japan also got a treasure box and a alarm clock. 

What do we get in NA this september? Nothing, NoA is to lazy to anounce anything.

Japan and Europe is getting limited editions steelcases for Pokémon OR/AS, with Groudon and Kyogre statues for those who preorder.

And what do we get in NA this November? So far nothing, once again NoA is to lazy to announce anything.

And finaly yesterday, they announce that Europe (and I think also japan but I'm not 100% sure) is getting a firstprint edition for Bayonetta 1/2.

And what do we get in NA?... I think you get the drill by now.

So what the hell is NoA's problem? That's three collectors that we are not getting in three months. There is no doubt that all these games will sell more in NA than in Europe and Japan (with maybe the exception of pokémon for japan), so what can possibly make NoA think that these collectors would'nt sell atleast as good if not way better than on other territories? So they can't think it's not worth it... unless they take us for granted since there is no denying that the state of nintendo is much healthier in NA than in Europe. A other explanation would be that someone at NoA is to lazy to do his job! Kinda off topic, but the same thing can be said for club nintendo imo, these days I tend to see much cooler stuff entering the club nintendo store in europe and japan than here.

So what do you think? Am I being unfair with NoA by not considering alot of stuffs that were getting? What can possibly motivate them for not giving us the goods? Are they taking us for granted or just plain lazy? And do you even care for these collector's editions? Cause i sure do :P

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network

They are probably using the same logic that SE used where they said westerners hate jrpgs, just in this case, collectors instead of jrpgs

But yea, idk, I mean, that WWHD limited edition gannondorf figure thing got sold out fairly fast so its like, wtf NoA

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I just creamed in my jeans looking at all the eye candy!!

I wasn't going to buy Bayonetta 1/2 but if it comes out looking like that in the STATES I will cop dat MOFO!!

P.S. that Zelda scarf will be epic to have in the upcoming winter here...

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
They are probably using the same logic that SE used where they said westerners hate jrpgs, just in this case, collectors instead of jrpgs

But yea, idk, I mean, that WWHD limited edition gannondorf figure thing got sold out fairly fast so its like, wtf NoA

Yeah, because when they look at all other companies they see a bunch of companies that are sooo hesitant when it comes to collectors in NA. If that's the case, someone needs to hit the person responsible in NoA and tell him that we love collectors and that every companies are proving it.

And for that Gannondorf figurine, I'm happy that we got that, but even then, we did'nt get the full thing, europe got theirs surounded by a cool dome, while we (despite paying the same price) did'nt. But heh, I'm happy we got it in the first place, I think they announced it for europe first and I was'nt expecting to see it in NA, maybe the complaining and the demand convinced them.

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

I hope those 3 are announced late like the 3DS LoZ:ALBW bundle was announced last year. 

I will be so buying that AlphaSapphire steel case if released here too!!

Also this Super Smash Bundle is releasing in Europe as well, but not in the States as of TODAY...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
One popular theory is that NoA has no say because NCL dictates everything. Of course, that's a bit hard to believe when NoE has always been an extension of NCL with hardly any authority, yet it gets a lot of the goods, plus infamous localisations like the Operation Rainfall games.

Since when has Club Nintendo in Europe anything good?

Compared to how barren NA's club nintendo is, europeans should'nt complain.

This are the rewards in NA: https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do They are litteraly 5available items. Two of them being greetings cards... The Ultra Hand, Animal Crossing posters that just wen back in stock a few days ago, and kirby patchs.

Now look at Europe: http://stars.nintendo-europe.com/?locale=en_GB Not only do they have way more rewards than the pathetic five that NA offers, but lots of them are way better. A Yoshi plush, a backpack, Soundtrack for Super Mario Galaxy, notebooks. And I will never forget when they got small trophies from MK7.

Sure, NA offers games that europe oddly does'nt, but personnaly if I wanted these games, I'd just pay the 4.99$ for them, I'd much rather have physical items that are available no where else.

That bayo set. I never understand what is wrong with NOA when it comes to things like this. Like why didn't we get that Super Famicom controller.

Because there is not enough space at Walmart and other retailers for multiple versions of a game.

also remember they made the limited edition mario kart bundle(with a blus shell statues) exclusive to nintendo world in new york city

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Metrium said:

The scarf looks quite tiny in the picture.