By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your current top 5 game series? (My 1st Thread!).

Tagged games:

I have been a user for just over a week now. In saying that, if my headline was not a giveaway; this is my first thread, ever, or at least on VGChartz.

I would like to ask what are your top 5 favourite game series? You can state your top 5 favourite games if you prefer, but I rather have more emphasis on your overall favourite franchises.
Please note that your favourite does not mean it has to be everyone else's favourite. This includes my list. I just want to know what game franchises are considered the best from the perpective of someone else. If everyone thought the exact same way that would be incredibly boring.

Okay moving on... I will start this thread off by telling you my favourites:

1. The Legend of Zelda
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Mario
4. Pokémon
5. Golden Sun

Other notable franchises: Halo, Resident Evil, Dead Space, Monster Hunter, Donkey Kong, Okami, The Elder Scrolls.

There are plenty of others of course ;)

Around the Network

1. Final Fantasy
2. Fire Emblem
3. Tales of
4. Halo
5. Call of Duty

NobleTeam360 said:
1. Final Fantasy
2. Fire Emblem
3. Tales of
4. Halo
5. Call of Duty

I am a massive RPG fan however I have not played any of the Tales games. I know, it is a crime.
That being said, what Tales game would you recommend I should start off with?

Toxy said:
NobleTeam360 said:
1. Final Fantasy
2. Fire Emblem
3. Tales of
4. Halo
5. Call of Duty

I am a massive RPG fan however I have not played any of the Tales games. I know, it is a crime.
That being said, what Tales game would you recommend I should start off with?

My first Tales of game was Tales of Vesperia, I think that's as good a place as any to start. Tales of Graces f, Xillia, and Abyss are all great. 

1. Tales of
2. Fallout
3. Xeno
4. Tekken
5. Zelda

Around the Network

1. Pokemon
2. The Legend of Zelda
3. Mario
4. Metroid
5. Street Fighter

1. Final Fantasy
2. Kingdom Hearts
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Metal Gear Solid
5. Pokemon

Good first thread. I have been here since last year and have yet to make one. :)

It is strange, I have trouble actually formulating my top 5. I suppose because my tastes have changed somewhat through the console generations and with my mood. Resident Evil, for instance, would have been number 1 a few years ago. But, here goes anyway...

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Arkham Series
3. Fallout
4. Resident Evil
5. God Of War

arachnid15 said:
Good first thread. I have been here since last year and have yet to make one. :)

It is strange, I have trouble actually formulating my top 5. I suppose because my tastes have changed somewhat through the console generations and with my mood. Resident Evil, for instance, would have been number 1 a few years ago. But, here goes anyway...

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Arkham Series
3. Fallout
4. Resident Evil
5. God Of War

I've only made one and it was a double post for Fatal Frame Wii U. Lol.

arachnid15 said:

1. Assassin's Creed
2. Arkham Series
3. Fallout
4. Resident Evil
5. God Of War

Thanks!

I am sure a lot of peoples tastes will change, especially when new IP are introduced and some IP may become stale or take a turn for the worse. That and tastes can change.

God of War is something I wish I got to play more of. I only had the first one on the PS2. I enjoyed the game as well as beating it. I enjoyed Dante's Inferno and a lot of people would tell me Dante's Inferno was the mediocre version of God of War on the PS3. So when I get a PS4 hopefully I can look into that franchise, of which I have unintentionally neglected.