By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Xbox 360 and Wii Comparison!

Tagged games:

Which would you rather play on?

Wii 57 54.29%

Xbox 360 48 45.71%

Total:105

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aOiHcTkyvTo

My only problem is that the black guy in the Wii version is white. I mean what, could they not render black people correctly on the Wii?

This also shows that no matter the power difference between a console and its counterparts, developers will make a version just because the console is selling well.

Around the Network
XanderXT said:

My only problem is that the black guy in the Wii version is white. I mean what, could they not render black people correctly on the Wii?

This also shows that no matter the power difference between a console and its counterparts, developers will make a version just because the console is selling well.

Well, you see, white pixels are empty pixels, so the Wii doesn't have to render them, which gives it more resources to render the more important stuff. Really a clever trick from the developers there to keep up the performance without sacrificing important gameplay elements.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

XanderXT said:

thats because on more powerful hardware black people look graphically more impressive so it doesnt really matter what color he is on the wii.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

vivster said:

Well, you see, white pixels are empty pixels

that means they dont really exist! *_*

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

its a crap game anyway.

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Around the Network

2011 called, it wants its topic back. :p

Seriously though, its quite impressive how closely Treyarch were able to replicate MW3 on Wii given the difference in power between the systems. Level designs and the scope of the action remain the same, just with lower resolution graphics. Few games push Wii's CPU and RAM as hard as MW3.

curl-6 said:
Seriously though, its quite impressive how closely Treyarch were able to replicate MW3 on Wii given the difference in power between the systems. Level designs and the scope of the action remain the same, just with lower resolution graphics. Few games push Wii's CPU and RAM as hard as MW3.

Technically its impressive, they got MW3 on the Wii.

I actually played it and gave up a few levels in. The graphics are bland (too much brown and very dark) and the frame rate was sluggish. Black Ops on Wii was a better experience.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:

I actually played it and gave up a few levels in. The graphics are bland (too much brown and very dark) and the frame rate was sluggish. Black Ops on Wii was a better experience.

I actually thought it ran smoother than Black Ops on Wii. It is overly dark, but I just turned the brightness on my TV up, problem solved. ;)

curl-6 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I actually thought it ran smoother than Black Ops on Wii. It is overly dark, but I just turned the brightness on my TV up, problem solved. ;)

I actually tried adjusting the brightness and contrast to make it easier on the eyes. But the game is simply designed to look bland, dark, and muddy. I felt like I was shooting at silhouettes.

But hey, it was better than nothing for Wii owners.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)