By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Thoughts on Zelda Collectors' Edition?

Tagged games:

I recently got a Gamecube (and much rejoicing was had) and I am wondering, should I get Wind Waker or the much costlier Zelda Collectors' Edition for it?

Around the Network

I say go for Collectors Edition if you don't have the games on it

Both of course!

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

You really can't go wrong either way but I guess collector's edition if you haven't played ocarina before. Then I recommend four swords adventures, it's different but fun as hell.

I think that you should buy the Wind Waker ( my favorite Zelda game ever), but you cannot go wrong with the Zelda Collector's Edition either!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I'd say the collector's edition, but yeah, you can't go wrong with either.

Well, the Collector's Edition is just a collection of four ports of older games; LoZ NES, Adventure of Link, Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. All of which play better on their original consoles anyway (except that Ocarina has a better framerate on GC). Besides that it only includes a 'Retrospective', which is a short video you could probably also find on Youtube about the Zelda games up to the point the CE released and a demo for the Wind Waker.

The Wind Waker is of course, a full game that was made for the GameCube, but I feel it's remaster on WiiU is vastly superior. GameCube also has Twilight Princess, if you haven't played it on Wii.

It really comes down to which game you'll prefer, but I have to ask: Why not both .

The collectors edition controls are very bad, the game just was not made for the imprecise Gamecube C-stick.

Collectors Edition is nice, but the CE version of Majora's Mask has some odd graphical glitches & sound quality issues. It also runs lower than the original 20 FPS.

I'd go with Wind Waker, but look for one with the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest disc.