By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed releasing on PS4 in the west this holiday; PS3 & Vita versions releasing August 12th

Tagged games:

XSEED Games today announced it will launch the PlayStation 4 version of Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed this holiday season in North America. The previously confirmed PlayStation 3 and PS Vita versions will launch on August 12. 

Watch the PlayStation 4 announce trailer below.

Find a game synopsis below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.

Released as Akiba’s Trip 2 in Japan, the title received a Gold Award by Famitsu upon its release. The all new standalone story in Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed takes players on an eclectic trip through Tokyo’s “Electric Town” electronics district in which they will battle vampire-like foes in over-the-top, highly stylized role-playing action. Dual Audio with English and Japanese voiceovers complement a narrative dripping with satire and nods to Japanese culture to create a bewitching modern day supernatural “otaku” adventure.

In Akiba’s Trip: Undead & Undressed, players must repel a brooding malevolence that has fallen over Tokyo’s popular Akihabara (Akiba for short) electronics district. Akiba has been invaded by creatures known as “Synthisters” who prey on the anime- and game-obsessed patrons of Akihabara like vampires, but feast on their social energy and will to live rather than their blood. Only direct exposure to sunlight can stop this menace.

That’s where players come in. Taking the role of a young man named Nanashi who was transformed into one of the walking undead himself, players must identify which of the outwardly human men and women of Akiba are Synthisters with the help of a handy in-game smartphone app, then free them of their clothes, exposing them to sunlight and sending them to the netherworld. To achieve this, players will use everyday objects from baseball bats to comic books to motherboards as weapons, beating enemies into submission before attempting to literally grab the shirts off their backs. Once enough stripping experience has been gained, each of the enemies’ unique clothing items can be claimed by players for their personal use as well.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/07/akibas-trip-undead-undressed-coming-ps4-north-america-holiday#a3cUpAFDtUElIvXA.99

Around the Network

I'm only getting this because the somewhat similarity to Yakuza. Sega is making me do this by not releasing Yakuza 5 and Yakuza Ishin in the west.

I actually kind of what to play this, even though I doubt I would really enjoy it, but it's just absurd enough that I want to see how it works at the very least.

I guess I will try it out

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

kupomogli said:
I'm only getting this because the somewhat similarity to Yakuza. Sega is making me do this by not releasing Yakuza 5 and Yakuza Ishin in the west.

Of the same mindset

Around the Network

Also I want to support Acquire. Hopefully a new Tenchu is on its way.

Um no EU??
Shit so Im going to end up importing a game that will actually release here -_- Sigh

dual audio is nice

the english cast sure has some entertainment value, but for a first play through I'd prefer the japanese voices

Is it crossbuy? I mean, I know it's probably not, but I can hope, maybe?

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Is there any major difference between the PS3/PS4 release as well? Might get it on PS3 since I'm actually taking that with me to college, and my PS4 is gonna have to stay at home , but if it's significantly better on PS4 I'll just get it on that and use Vita remote play.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC