By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why Remasters/HD versions are awesome.

Tagged games:

Remasters?

They are cool! 86 54.78%

They suck! 30 19.11%

If they come from Nintend... 26 16.56%

If they come from Sony, I... 12 7.64%

If they come from MS, I l... 3 1.91%

Total:157

What you guys don´t get is this: these releases are AWESOME to people who missed the games the first time, they now have a second chance to play it. Like Wii owners who lost GTA5, now they have an excuse to play it on the PS4, after all, it is even better.

To the fans, it is more than amazing: I can revisit my favorite game in a better, more pure and well done form.

To the developers, it is perfect, because it is a fast way to deliver a product and make some money, which ensures financial health and, more important, the devs jobs, bread on the table.

And, to the people that are not interested in these games, guess what? Don´t freaking buy it, it is a choice, so, it is awesome to them as well, after all, how cool is that? That we can choose what to buy and play, what a world!

So, it is win-win all around.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Around the Network

Yeah, we get to buy the game again because the developers didnt get it right the first time. Yay for us!

KLXVER said:
Yeah, we get to buy the game again because the developers didnt get it right the first time. Yay for us!

You expected them to get 1080p/60 the first time?

fps_d0minat0r said:
KLXVER said:

A game doesnt have to be 1080p/60fps to be good. God, people are so hung up on the technical stuff...

KLXVER said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
KLXVER said:

A game doesnt have to be 1080p/60fps to be good. God, people are so hung up on the technical stuff.

God, people are so hung up on something no-one ever said.

Around the Network

As long as they don't try to remaster every game possible, than sure why not.

KLXVER said:

How about those who don't get it the first time because they knew a remaster/GOTY is coming? I do that for almost every game. The only time i couldn't wait is with Dark Souls 2.

fps_d0minat0r said:

God, people are so hung up on something no-one ever said.

Ive heard several people saying "Finally a playable version of GTAV" when it was announced for the new gen.

Also the whole "Its great for the people who didnt own the previous console to be able to experience it" is BS. If they wanted to play it, they would have bought the previous console...

i've purchased a lot of old games last gen.

sly collection
R&C collection
ICO collection
GoW collection
jak and daxter collection
super mario world
super metroid
donkey kong country
super contra
a bunch of other super nintendo games i can't specifically remember atm

i had always meant to pick up the KH collections

i will pick up TLoU remaster

i didnt' like wind wake as a game but it was a sexy remake visually.
the halo mcc certainly looks like a good value for its fans.

even though i haven't played it yet having flower carry forward to ps4 as cross buy was pure excellence.

i guess what i'm saying is truly good game is always a good game. it's not worth porting everything but i appreciate moving the "best of" list from any given console forward.

Nothing wrong with remasters and remakes. But people who have spent $500 or so on a new console certainly didnt buy them for games that theyve already played, which is where the issue is arising.