By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What if Sony is making a Sunset Overdrive clone...

Tagged games:

...but they are using their Ratchet and Clank IP to do so?

As we heard at E3 the original Ratchet and Clank is being "reimagined" for the PS4.

Just try to imagine the varoius levels of discussions and meltdowns if they just go and develop a new game, or maybe just a seperate mode in the new game that plays exactly like Sunset Overdrive, just with Ratchet and Clank characters and enemies. 

It would be glorious entertainment (i'm talking about the threads, not the game)

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I've never been against clones. Certainly a lack of inspiration, but that doesn't mean the end result is bad.

Porcupine_I said:

...but they are using their Ratchet and Clank IP to do so?

As we heard at E3 the original Ratchet and Clank is being "reimagined" for the PS4.

Just try to imagine the varoius levels of discussions and meltdowns if they just go and develop a new game, or maybe just a seperate mode in the new game that plays exactly like Sunset Overdrive, just with Ratchet and Clank characters and enemies. 

It would be glorious entertainment (i'm talking about the threads, not the game)

SO is more or less a different approach to ratchet and clank anyway right?

i think infamous is pretty similar

”The environment where PlayStation wins is best for this industry” (Jack Tretton, 2009)

Ka-pi96 said:
So you think they'd be willing to piss off both Microsoft fans AND existing Ratchet and Clank fans?

Yeah as a Ratchet fan I just could not stomach that.  Not after they already bastardized him with tower defense and move party games.  Don't make Ratchet into Sonic just keep to the good stuff

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

Don't really need it. SO will always be compared to ISS.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Why SO and not any other game?

They could, but why have the Ratchet and Clank characters in it?

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

If Sony were to clone a game, I would just hope they clone a good game instead of Sunset Overdrive.

Isn't Sunset Overdrive already a Ratchet and Clank clone?