By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - X does not equal 1

Tagged games:

do you think my subliminal messaging is working?

Yes 8 16.33%

No 5 10.20%

What? 10 20.41%

ktay95 you are a moron 26 53.06%

Total:49

The PSX, also known as the PlayStation X, is a Sony digital video recorder with a fully integrated PlayStation 2 video game console. It was released in Japan on December 13, 2003. Since it was designed to be a general-purpose consumer video device, it was marketed by the main Sony Corporation instead ofSony Computer Entertainment. Its high cost resulted in poor sales,[2] meaning that the PSX was never released outside Japan.

See, PSX is not the same as the PS1 so stop abbreviating the PlayStation to PSX 🐬

Around the Network

...Why do some people even name the PS1 the PSX in the first place?

It always grinds my gears when people do that.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Yea, it kinda bothers me every time I see someone call the PS1 the PSX.

Why the hell did you tag Hyrule Warriors instead of, well, X!?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Around the Network

PSX was a redesign of the original PS1...

Squeezol said:
...Why do some people even name the PS1 the PSX in the first place?

"PS-X (PlayStation Experimental) was an internal code name for the PlayStation during development. The popular use of the "PSX" abbreviation outside Sony became a source of confusion when Sony Of Japan ignored Sony of America's decision and introduced its PSX digital video recorder in 2003."

From wiki :P

Slarvax said:
Why the hell did you tag Hyrule Warriors instead of, well, X!?

Because I couldn't find it, fixed it now. Stupid working title BS.

KLXVER said:
PSX was a redesign of the original PS1...

Nope. PSX was the development name of the PS...thats why many people still refer to the PS as PSX. The redesign was called PSone.

OP: I understand your feeling, but many of us where born before then PS was released and called it the Playstation PSX for years, and before the real PSX was released.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Agreed. I just use PS or PS1.

WE MUST END THIS!